XII - CRESCENT CITY

   Coming back to New Orleans from Mystic Falls wasn't a peaceful affair. The second that Klaus, Rebekah, and Audrey stepped foot back into the city, they were met with what appeared to be a new problem in the Quarter. A witch was attacking vampires, replicating dark magic that the three Originals hadn't seen since they first lived in the city years ago. Due to this, the compound went into vampire lock down until whoever was doing it was caught, leaving Hayley and Audrey two of the people stuck there for their safety. However, when Elijah grew concerned that Rebekah was missing, the two left with him to help find her. After interrogating Thierry, who was out of the head garden thanks to Rebekah talking Klaus, they found her in a warehouse in the docs. She was laid in a salt circle, one they couldn't enter due to a boundary spell, being used as a source of power for the witch causing the problems. Sophie gave them a way to break the boundary and save her, which required the use of Hayley's blood, as a witches blood could be used to break it. While she wasn't a witch, the baby she carried was.  

   Papa Tunde, the witch that was behind the original attacks, was revealed to be the one  behind the new ones going on. No one could understand why he was back from the dead, until Sophie came up with a theory that seemed plausible. The Harvest worked, but the magic was hijacked and used to resurrect the wrong witches. Which left them trying to figure out what other witches other than Tunde had been resurrected for revenge, and who had stolen the magic to make this possible.

   That morning, Audrey stood beside Klaus with her arms crossed, as they both and Marcel watched Elijah. The group had came downstairs to find the body of Papa Tunde laid in the courtyard, the man's own symbol carved into his forehead like he did to all the vampires. 

   "Can I get you anything, brother?" Klaus mused, sarcasm in his voice. "A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?"

   Elijah merely rolled his eyes at his tone. "You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?"

   "Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel told them.

   Audrey gave him a look. "What? Did they run out of chickens?"

   Klaus snickered at her side, as an amused smile twitched on Elijah's lips, the suited Original rising to his feet. "Yes, it's a rather large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?"

   "Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well." Klaus nodded to himself and Marcel. "If was supposed to be the prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?"

   Rebekah walked in at that moment, glancing at the four, unfazed by the sight of the body on the ground. "Well, don't you look cheery." She hummed. "Listen to this-- A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving a tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux."

   Klaus looked at her in disbelief. "What?"

   Rebekah nodded in confirmation. "The tourists thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle."