LXXVII - PHANTOMESQUE

   "You're sure that you can do this?"

   Audrey crossed her arms as she watched Freya, who walked around the living room setting up her spell. With Kol and Rebekah back in New Orleans, they were working with Klaus to exterminate any of the weapons that could be used to kill them, while Audrey and Freya focused on fixing the pendant. But to do so, they needed to find which memory inside of his shattered mind Elijah was hiding in and pull him out. 

   "I don't know." Freya admitted, as she placed down candles around the salt circle she'd drawn on the floor. "I've never actually tried this before."

   "Freya." Audrey looked at her in disbelief. "You're going to have a thousand years of memories in there. How are you going to know which one is the right one?"

   "He'll recognize me." She told her confidently. "If I can find the core of his being or whatever memory he's clinging to, I'll pull him out." Audrey worry didn't fade, but the Mikaelson witch didn't wait any longer and laid down in the center of the circle, closing her eyes as she began to chant the spell. "Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz." And after a moment, Freya fell silent and her eyes remained closed, her body still as if she was in trance.

   The Gilbert vampire sighed and glanced toward the pendant on the table, before sitting down on the couch, now with nothing to do but wait. "Hope and Mira are distracted playing with Keelin." Hayley informed as she walked into the room, sitting down beside her. "How long has she been under?"

   "Just gone." Audrey told her. "You don't have to wait with me."

   "Klaus, Rebekah, and Kol are out hunting the rosebushes, the girls are being taken care of. So I'm going to be useful in the best way I can think of right now, which is sitting here with my sister to stop her from panicking." Hayley stated firmly, making it clear she wasn't going anywhere. "Freya will find him."

   "I hope so." She mumbled, running her hand through her hair. "The sooner we fix that pendant, the sooner we can find a way to bring him back."

   Hayley shuffled closer from where she sat, wrapping an around  her shoulders as she rubbed her shoulder. "Hey." She told her gently. "The second he's back, it's going to be as if none of this ever happened."

   "I hope so." She said honestly, letting out a breath as she gave her a small smile. "Thank you for trying to keep me sane."

   "You'd do the same for me." Hayley said knowingly, giving her a small smile back. "You were there for more as much as you could be when Jack died."

   Audrey rested her head against her shoulder, and Hayley carefully rested her head on top of hers, the two falling into a comfortable silence. They were always going to be there when they needed each other, even if the other didn't know or want to admit that they needed the company or the comfort. They would always just know, and Audrey was beyond grateful in that moment that Hayley just knew. For a moment, she opened her mouth as she debating telling her the secret she was keeping, but she stopped herself.