XXXVII - EXQUISITE CORPSE

   After Klaus left that evening, Elijah managed to carry Audrey up to bed without waking her, the Gilbert girl sleeping the whole night comfortably in his hold. Yet, the peace they'd found themselves in all night was put to a end the next morning, as they got word Eva Sinclair had regained control of Rebekah's body overnight. If it wasn't for Hayley and Klaus noticing, she would have taken Hope like she had the other children, but she escaped without her after Klaus took a swipe at her leg. With the twenty-four hour hold deal Elijah made with Josephine now over, the couple, Hayley, and Gia stood in LaRue mansion waiting for the older witch, needing to ask her for her to get them more time to help Rebekah.

   "I'm gonna go see if I can find Josephine." Gia excused, leaving the room they'd been stood waiting in silently.

   As Gia left the room, Hayley raised a brow at the couple beside her. "Did she have to come with us?"

   "Josephine LaRue can be rather recalcitrant. She is, however, enamored with Gia's musical prowess and cavalier spirit." Elijah informed her, as the three took a seat. 

   Hayley made a face. "Huh. So the baby-vamp is now the witch whisperer?"

   "She's a friend and she's helping." Audrey gave her a look, seeing the impatient and nervous look on Hayley's face. "Hey." She touched her hand. "Calm down. We're going to figure this out."

   The Marshall-Kenner woman said nothing, unable to answer as Gia walks back into the room, Josephine walking in beside her. "Madame LaRue." Elijah smiled politely, getting to his feet to greet her.

   "Mr. Mikaelson." Josephine nodded, as he gently kissed her on each cheek before they both sat down to talk. "Miss. Gilbert." She smiled at the Gilbert girl, who smiled with a nod. "Have you come to impress me once more with young Gia's rare talents?" Her eyes finally noticing Hayley and looked at the couple in amusement. "What, pray tell, does this one do?"

   "This one is family, Madame." Elijah informed her.

   "This is Hayley, Madame LaRue." Audrey told her, and Hayley sent Josephine a tight smile but stayed silent. 

   "But, we've come to ask a favor." Elijah continued, making her look at them curiously. "We're afraid Eva Sinclair has once again taken control of her body, trapping my sister within the depths of her mind."

   "Then, you need to let the witches put that body down!" Josephine told them instantly, shaking her head with a grave look. "Eva will use up your sister, just like she did the others."

   "The others?" Hayley frowned in concern.

   Josephine nodded and let out a sigh. "Eva was a wild beauty practicing a wild magic." She told them. "But, she and Vincent were so happy, we let them be."

   Elijah looked at her knowingly. "And then the children began to disappear."

   Josephine nodded once again. "But, because of Vincent's tenacity, she was caught. Though, she wasn't done, of course. She begged and pleaded with him, telling him that all she needed was three more children. To complete the rite of nines."