LXIX - HAUNTER OF RUINS

   The next morning, as the Mikaelson family gathered out on the porch to talk, Hayley and Audrey stayed inside to wait for the girls to wake up. Knowing what the two were like together, they decided it was best to take them out to meet everyone one by one. Hope and Mira were as close as two cousins could get, and very easily influenced by the other. If one was to get nervous, the other would swiftly follow, and the two mothers wanted them to have their own personal moments with their family.

   More specifically, with their fathers. 

   When Audrey walked into Mira's room that morning, she found Mira was already up and dressed, laid coloring in a picture on her bed. "Mommy!" She gasped as she looked up, jumping to her feet and hugging her legs. "You're home!"

   "Ooh, hello." Audrey greet as she picked her up, resting Mira on her hip as she peppered kisses all over her face. The six year old old laughed and squirmed in her arms, before leaning up and kissing her mom on the nose sweetly, making Audrey chuckle warmly. "I missed you too."

   She placed Mira back on her feet, and a thoughtful look crossed Mira's face, tilting her head. "Wait, does that mean..." She trailed off, her eyes widening as realization sunk in. 

   "They're awake, baby." Audrey told her softly, bending down in front of her. "They're all downstairs, and they're very excited to meet you."

   A mixture of emotions flashed across Mira's face, before she chewed on her bottom lip nervously. "Mom..." She began, causing Audrey to look at her in concern. "What if they... what if he doesn't like me?"

   "Sweetheart." Audrey frowned, gently holding her shoulders. "They all love you so much, your dad especially. He has loved you since the day we found out we were going to have you. You never need to worry about that." She gently cupped her face in her hands. "No one could ever not like you."

   "Really?" She asked quietly, though a small smile appeared.

   "Really." She squeezed her shoulders lightly. "Think you're ready?"

   Mira nodded with no hesitation, taking her mom's hand as Audrey rose to her feet. "I'm ready."

   Audrey led her daughter downstairs and toward the front door, to see it was already open. She locked eyes with Hayley as they approached, who just nodded down into the garden, where Hope had gone to go play. She raised a brow, but the hybrid mother just shook her head, looking worried at the crestfallen look Klaus wore. Hayley hid it as she spotted her niece, and gave her a warm smile as she moved out of the way, letting the two step outside. 

   "Everyone." Audrey spoke up, making all their eyes look over to them. Mira hid behind her mother's legs shyly at all the eyes that fell her at once, as Elijah let out a nervous breath. "There's someone who I'd like you to meet."

   Mira poked her head out and gave a small wave. "Hi." She let out quietly. "I'm Mira."

   Elijah stepped forward and bent down to her size, swallowing the lump in his throat. "Hello, Mira." He spoke with shaky voice. He'd practiced this moment over and over again in his head, but now it was happening, he couldn't shake the nerves that overcome him. "I'm--"