LIII - WILD AT HEART

   "Where the bloody hell is she?"

   Audrey gave Klaus an annoyed look, bouncing Mira in her arms as he burst into the study, where they were with Elijah. He was looking through books, trying to find out what exactly the weapon was that could be used against them all, which was proving more difficult then they originally thought it would be. Audrey had been trying to help, but Mira woke up crying, which had taken all of her attention. She was teething, from what the parents could tell, and it was hard knowing there wasn't much they could do to soothe her pain. 

   Just as she had been starting to settle, Klaus's outburst set her off again. "Stop." She gave him a look, walking in front of him. She placed Mira in his arms, not giving him another choice about the matter, and Mira immediately stopped crying and looked up at her uncle with curious eyes. "There." Audrey smiled triumphantly, and gave him a warning look. "You will stay calm while you are holding your niece, and if you don't and she starts crying again, whatever it is you're angry about will be the least of your concerns. Got it?"

   Elijah snickered under his breath, as Klaus opened his mouth to argue, but the glare he received from the Gilbert girl stopped him. "Understood." He nodded, swallowing hard.

   "Great." She smiled innocently. "Please, continue your usual ranting and raving."

   Elijah cleared his throat, trying hide his amused smile as he raised a brow at his brother knowingly. "I assume we are talking about Camille..." He began, and Klaus let out an exasperated sigh. "Just refresh my memory, Niklaus-- was I the one who impulsively handed her a daylight ring? Oh, no, that's right. It was you."

   The Mikaelson hybrid rolled his eyes. "She left, didn't she?"

   "In a shocking turn of events, yes." Elijah told him, sarcasm clear in his voice. "So, why don't you go and find her? I shall deal with the growing nightmare of our family's potential extinction."

   "Yes, always the diligent defender, despite the fact that the danger has somewhat subsided, what, with Tristan de Martel now literally sleeping with the fishes?" Klaus shot back, as Mira rested her head against his chest calmly, looking rather content in his arms.

   "A darker threat remains." Elijah told him. "Now, if something out there is capable of killing us--" He lowered his voice to a mocking whisper. "--We should probably find it."

   "I'd love to. However, I got Camille into this mess--"

   "She left around sunrise." Hayley's quiet voice spoke up, making them all look toward the doorway. She stood their tiredly, holding Hope on her hip, her changing bag slung across her other shoulder. "My guess is that she needed some air? I couldn't sleep. I saw her leaving from my balcony." She paused, biting her lip as she shifted nervously on her feet. "So, I was wondering if maybe it was okay... if Hope and I stay here a few days?"