chapter 3

Sienna Galeon

The music had settled to a low somber as Mama and Papa entered the room. The table had been set with fine China and silver capped glasses. It was the nice platware for some special occasions we use them for. And a nice small pink rose petal cake setting nicely at the center of the table.

Papa smiles down at me, "Happy Birthday, bella." Bending down to kiss my cheek, "your mother and I have a surprise for you."

My heart picked up a beat, "really? What is it?"

Mama chuckles, her dark hair short and bobbed, with a couple of grey streaks in it, "Let's eat first."

The clanking of forks and drinks tapping the table fills the room. I've been simmering with anticipation this whole time as they eat their food. It feels like forever as they take small bites as if savoring every bit of it. Like they knew how I'm feeling right now. I couldn't eat much, my stomach was to jittery at the moment.

Would he have dimples?

Brown or blue eyes?

Short or tall?

As I sit here and wait in the throat cutting silence, Papa finally wipes his bottom lip with a cloth before clearing his throat, "we have been waiting to tell you this since last month, but today seems feesable." A month?  It only took them a month to find me a husband? "Since you're old enough to understand how this world we live in is," oh my God, I'm sweating, "we have decided to come to an agreement..." spit it out, "that you will be coming with us for the first time to the Gala for charity."

What?

"What?" I say out loud. I mean they never took me to one of their Ball dances or Gala parties. Papa says it wasn't safe to flaunt me as the only child to him amongst other rivals.

His eyes narrowed at my confusion, "you don't look happy." He stated.

"But-but I thought this was about getting me a husband--"

A loud slap from his large hand to the dinner table, causing the silverware to shake erupts the space, "Sienna Lionessa Galeon, stop with your antics."

Antics?

Antics!

I push myself off the table and stand up, my fists clenched on both sides of me, "you both said to wait till I was twenty! Now I'm twenty! Why is it the one thing I can't have? You two got arranged in marriage, so why can't I? You don't think I'm ready? Mama taught me proper ways, dammit!"

"Lose the tone or you'll be--"

"Be what? Alone? Ground my twenty year old ass? Come on now. I'm ready!" My breathing is becoming hectic at this point, "is--is me being the way I am shameful to you?" I whisper the last bit.

Here is the thing about Emophilia aswell.

We feel so much emotions.

Because I can feel my lips quiver and body shake, a fat tear rolls down toward my upper lip, "will I ever to be wed?"

They don't say anything.

I know it seems dramatic.  But in the Mafia world if you are not to gain anything from it, you will burn down with it. They are leaving me empty, with no promises or future in my wake. Like they don't care if I were alone or not. Like they don't care if they past on and left me beyond with nothing but a dying gang.

Papa grimances, " there is something else we have to announce."

Oh bother, what now?

"Your mother is pregnant, has been for two months now and we just found out that it's a boy."

I couldn't help the laugh that came out of my mouth, it sounded diabolical, "merda, you're joking.'

She is sixty two years old for crying out loud! Just thinking about them even trying has me--ick.

"Watch your tone! This should be exciting news!" Mama snaps at me, slapping her palm atop of my fisted hand, "you never are grateful for what you have!?"

That's not true.

All in my life I ever asked for was to be married, it was my sick fantasy. And they took it away from me, just like that. Now, a tiny bean in mom's stomach defines my fate.

"Tomorrow is the Gala, make sure to pick out something formal and elegant. Not your sundresses." Mama mumbles before taking a slice of my cake which I haven't touched.

I turn to leave the table but before I even taken a step Papa's words ring my heated ears, "this is the first time you'll be in my social circle, Sienna. Don't embarrass me."

If he only he knew how petty I could be.

Stone Cold K*llerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें