chapter 58

Sienna Stone

It's the day before the Event. It's around the corner and I've never felt so sick in my life at the feeling that something is going to go all very wrong.

Nico had arrived back home this morning, the twins informed me that he is awaiting for everyone in the Den for our final meeting.

As soon as I walk into the office my eyes instantly find where my husband stands. My heart beats in chaos as he is in a dark suit standing behind his desk. But his back is facing me, his hair a tad bit longer since the last I've seen it. His arm is propped on the fireplaces mantel as he stares into the flames crackling wildly. His cane in the other hand resting lazily in his grip.

I wish we were back to the way things were going for us. All before this stupid plan and the car wreck.

Because right now, I wanted to tell him that I love him utterly so, and that we are to have a child. My dreams since I was little are coming true, all I ever wanted in the beginning.

The twins, Shina, Caspian, and Julian are present in this office as we await for Nicolai to speak.

He tightens his grip on his cane, "tomorrow will be a revelation, a start of a War. The plan will continue as planned, anyone who opposes can leave. I won't promise that no one will die, that no one will come out of this alive. Any of you may not be able to see the next day---but don't think your life had no worth. For years, I bare a mountain of dead bodies, while standing at the top of it. Ive lead many deaths inlcuding taking some. My hands are tainted and I will no doudt take more lives upon these hands."

My breathing hitches hearing his words as he dismises everyone, "that is all, go back to your days obligations. I want to speak with my wife alone."

Everyone goes to leave, Julian takes his time before passing by me and leaving, closing the door behind us, leaving Nico and I alone.

He finally steps away from the mantel and turns to face me. His eyes bore into mine as he places his free palm up to his chest, as if he is trying to feel his own heart beat. I wonder if his heart is beating as hard as mine is right now?

"I must say--"

I cut him off, blurting, "wait, wait, wait."

Nico furrows his brows, "Sie--"

I shake my head, "no, just, stop."

I don't know what I'm trying to do or say but it beats hearing him talk and when he starts talking, I don't think my heart can take it.

But I have to say this, I have too or it'll never happen, "I-I..." fuck, I'm fixing to cry, "dammit," I curse, feeling my chest pounding in my ears, "you--I-I-"

Come on you stupid mouth say it!

Why is it so hard for me to confess to him?

Nicos eyes soften before he walks around his desk and steps closer to me. Once he is towering over me, the shadow of his frame ingulfs me. I can smell his woodsy spice scent from here, which comforts me a little.

His brings his finger under my chin and lifts my face to meet his, a genuine small smile welcomes me, "I can see how nervous you are, darling angel. But do not force yourself, I know very much how you need more time, and this isn't the time."

Lies, it is the time! "You're wrong."

He rubs the pad of his thumb on my bottom lip, soothing it, "am I? If it were the right time you'd be saying it without hesitation."

A tear falls down my cheek, he wipes it away, "I'm not hesitating. I'm just so scared."

Scared of these feelings I have for him, scared that I'm placing all of me--heart and soul for him to take.