chapter 32

Sienna Stone    <------name change

It was a quiet ride home. The tension in the car could rattle glass if the silence was in physical form. My mind bombarded with so many questions, but I push them to the side. Because honestly there is always a tomorrow to ask him. I just want this night to end on a good note. It's after all still my wedding day and whose to say its over.

So changing the subject could start lessening the tension in this car, "I had fun tonight. We should do that again soon." I say with brightness.

Dimitri is sitting beside me, he turns his head to me, "fun? You hurt yourself punching a drunk and now you have bruised knuckles."

"He deserved it. And my knuckles are fine." I counter with a smirk, "I would have taken him myself if it weren't for my husband and his cane."

"True. Didn't take much to take him down." Dimitri says chuckling.

I laugh, "Remember his famous last line, 'be lucky you got the cane--"

"Alright. Enough." Nico orders, interrupting me. He is staring out the passenger side window.

I sigh looking out my window wondering if tonight was already ruined and too late for me salvage.

We finally make it home we get out of the car and walk up the ramp.

Once we enter the front door I am confused as to why Gryo, the minister is still here as he stands by the stairs. My husband wheels to him and they both start whispering to each other. Nico looks pissed and Gryo looks irritable as they seem to argue about something.

Don and Dimitri stand beside me while I wait for whatever is happening. Nico looks pissed beyond saving when he turns his wheel and rolls back to me and the twins.

He looks like he wants to murder someone when he gets closer.

Gryo is standing at the same spot, folding his arms against his robed chest. Something about the way his eyes land on me has me shiver in ickiness.

"Sienna." Nico grabs my attention. I face him and see something close to looking apologetic written on his face.

Frowning I take a step closer and place my hand on his hand that is rested on his chair, "what is it?"

"I tried. It sprung on me since this morning when Gryo needed me to talk to him about 'unfortunate factors' before the ceremony. Some traditions haven't changed and I tried to go around it. It's apparently one tradition that is still around ever since the first war and I can't change anything about it because I have no jurisdiction on it." Nico explains to me yet he lost me on the first half.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, already uneasy by his words.

He places his other hand atop my hand, he looks away from my gaze, "in Russian tradition of the first blood heir to be wed must consummate with bare witness to seal a union."

Say what again.

So we have to have someone watch us have sex? What the fuck.

That's one serious fucked up tradition. "What is this, some Royal shit I'm not aware of!?"

Nico opens his mouth but I push his hand off mine and walk around his wheelchair, glaring at Gryo, "let me guess, you are the one that suggested to watch." I accuse the old man.

Gryo nods, something dark glinting in his eyes, "yes. For this union to work and seal all alliance you must have a seeker."

A seeker. Shit on a stick, he is being real about this. "No. You sick fuck. I'm not making love to my husband with an audients!" I fume whirling around to Nico who seems to grimace at my anger, "this is some joke right, please say it is!"