chapter 37

Sienna Stone

After our little cuddle nap my stomach growls from missed meals. I missed breakfast and lunch. Now it is later in the evening as the snow stops falling. Leaving eight inches on the ground.

I do hope Nico comes home safe, I'm pissed at him but doesn't mean I stop worrying. The roads are thick of snow and could cause some problems later on.

I got dressed in a pair of short pajamas and matching long-sleeved silky shirt that's button up, its grey--just like my mood. My hair is a mess but didn't quite care at the moment.

The twins got dressed, both kissed my forehead and told me they will be down stairs at the dinning table for dinner.

My gloomy mood still lingering when I make my way barefoot down the stairs to go eat.

I haven't checked my phone, maybe I should, maybe he tried calling me--or maybe I should check in--

Nope. I don't need to check up on him. He is a big boy and can spend his Christmas how he wanted too. Without me.

We eat in silence, the twins have received their gifts, they seem happy nonetheless, even if it was just ties. I haven't got to know them much other than Dimitri is the most outgoing one and Don us the chill one. Maybe soon they will open up to me when the time comes, especially wanting to know about the scar on Dimitri's chin.

"Sweets, did Nico ever tell you why he was leaving?" Dimitri asks, seeming hesitant of his words.

Don watches me intently, he has been this whole time, as if I was about to break any minute. To be honest, I feel like I'm about too at some point, "no. He just said he had business to tend too." I say glumly, stabbing my fork into the pot roast.

"I see. Perhaps when he comes back, he may explain himself."

Stab, "I really don't care."

"He has his moments but today especially results in his behavior--"

Stab, stab, stab, "do. Not. Care." What excuse could there be?

They both zip it and continue poking their food as I have murdered my roasted carrots and potatoes.  Honestly,  I wish we had Christmas music playing--like my Mama--damn...

Sometimes I wish I wasn't in this position to where I shouldn't be calling as such anymore. Knowing what they knowingly have done to me.

Anyway.

Nothing can explain how Nicolai  had talked down to me. Nothing.

I look up to see Don about to open his mouth, "speak and you will meet the end of my fork." I warn, glaring daggers.

Dimitri bites his button lip as if to stop from chuckling, "and we thought Nico had a temper..." he mumbles beneath his breath before taking a sip of his water.

I bit out, "I really don't want to talk about 'he shall not be named' at this dinner table."

And that was that. We ate in silence. They finished and excused themselves, not before both leaning down, kissing my cheeks and wishing me a Merry Christmas before they tend to their duties.

But I stop them before they left, "thank you for giving me company." They both nod and continue on. Leaving me alone at the table, my food barely touched.

Deciding I was done either way I get up and make my way up stairs to my bedroom and lay in bed again. How depressing.

The lights are off and I lay here staring up at the dark ceiling. It's about nine at night and Christmas is almost over.