chapter 46

Sienna Stone

You could say Nicolai Stone hasn't ever intimidated me from the start, nor the twins. Could say I embraced the way he was as first impressions come. He was mysterious and dark, callous, mean, and more-so intriguing. Sometimes I wonder what his first impression of me was yet I shouldn't ask, I remember I utterly embarrassed myself with my loose lips, asking mercy with a gun pointed at my head.

Wondering, would he had pulled the trigger still if we weren't interrupted?

But those thoughts had long gone, because all that matters now is I'm here, with him now.

Nico is sitting behind his desk as the fireplace is lit behind him in full flames. The crackles and ember sparks ignite from behind making it look like a hot blazing arura around him. Like a devil.

I am sitting on a couch, a window seal behind me as the curtains are opened wide, showing a beautiful sight of the frosty morning. The sun shines in from the window, glaring in light beams upon me. I look over to where Nico is sitting and see that he is staring at me, with what looks like gentle contentment. I wonder if he still thinks of me as an angel that he usually calls me sometimes in his mother tongue whilst the sunlight shimmers around me.

The devil and the angel. How ironic.

Dimitri walks in, along with Caspian behind him. Then there are two strangers who look every bit distant and dare I say, irritable?

The door shuts them in, they all find places to sit, Dimitri sits beside me--his knee touches mine. Caspian sits across the room in a lounge chair while the two others stand in the midst of the entire office. The low lighting in this room gives off a cosy cabin feel, smelling like burning wood and a touch of old books.

Nico reaches down his desk and opens what looks like files, "Shina Han, from a small town called Wentsworth, age 25. You were at the age of thirteen when some of the surviving people took you into an orphanage when made-soldiers took over your hometown indicating war zone incident, your family was in the middle of gunfire while they found you hidden in the attic."

"At the tender age of 18, a man named Master Haruki Tomo-Han took you in after finding yourself homeless after the orphanage. For majority of your training he gives you, you two had kindled a likness with each other over a year, resulting your daughter in that reunion. Only to be ambushed by soldiers one day, the same fleet that destroyed your hometown and family. Your Master, Haruki, died during that ambush protecting you and both your daughter. Years later, you have taken transactions to assassinate targets for a living, only because you...you are trying to find your Masters and families killers?"

Nicolai narrows his eyes at Shina, "am I wrong so far?"

I can't help feeling tears threatening to leave my eyes, it's all so awful. What she endured for years, everyone she loves died. Thankfully her daughter is alive, I don't blame her for her career choice. If I were her, and if I was capable--I would do the same.

"Yes." Shina looks away from my husband, "I only came here because you'd give me the soldiers whereabouts if I join you."

Nico leans back in his chair, surprised to see his cane beside him again, leaning against the desk. "I did."

Huffing and crossing her arms, face of annoyance, "well?" Seeming impatient.

She is simply beautiful. Her hair silky blonde and long, as long as mine. She has a cute button nose the tip of her nose tilts up a bit. Her cheeks full and makes her face heart shaped. She is tall, not so tall, but she got a few inches over me. Especially those heels she is wearing. Wearing tight denim dark jeans that hug her hips. A long sleeve corset looking top, color of burgundy red with black laces in the back.