chapter 9

Sienna Galeon

I've been pacing back and forth in the room for what seems like forever. The only thing keeping me sane in this God forsaken room is the clock on the night stand letting me know it's 11:03 p.m. so I've been here for about a couple of hours since the Gala.

My parents are probably worried sick right now wondering where I am and what happened.

Would they send help?

I hope so because I sure my death will come shortly if I stay longer with Nicolai.

Realizing that he is in fact a made man wasn't what worried me as much. What worries me is being held captive and not knowing what my future holds. A feeling of death knocking a door from the other side.

The bedroom door clicks unlocked having me stop my pacing. A little petite older woman with red hair comes in, a frown seems to permanently mark her features as she looks at me, her eyes running up and down my body with a distasteful sneer. She is holding folded clothes in her arms, "ты выглядишь как шлюха." She says.

'You look like a whore.'

She was speaking in a different language.  an accent Nicolai and the others have. Russian.

"Oh, uh, thank you?" I cross my arms feeling the heat of her stare. I didn't know what to say, but hopefully is was thoughtful.

She shakes her head, "I speak little English. My name is Rue and I help you clean up."

I nod, "sure."

Rue guides me into the bathroom, helps me strip naked too. I was used to having Greta helping me clean up so this was no different, I guess. Only stings a little when she slaps my hand away when me when I try to fix my hair.

Pulling my hair down she combs it down, "much hair, little time, tut tut."

I bit my lip and squeeze my eyes closed as she tames my frizzy hair. After she was done I look into the mirror. My hair is now braided into a dutchess style. A small black silky ribbon tying it off. Rue took her time polishing me up with makeup, a simple gloss over my stained red lips. A hint of blush on my cheekbones and the tip of my nose. She also brought a metal stick out of an ink bottle and did my eyelashes.

To be honest, she was good at it, better than I can ever do with makeup.

Tossing me the folded clothes that were on the counter, "Get dressed. Master waiting." Then she left the bathroom.

Master...

Ugh.

Brungetly I get dressed. It was a simple fit, which isn't formal what's so ever. A big baggy black shirt, and black sweats.

I put it on, having to roll the top twice on the sweat pant hem around my waist. The shirt engulfed me in one bite. Lifting the fabric to my nose, I inhale a familiar scent. Cologne that reminds me of wood and embers like a fireplace lit in for a winter night.

Obviously it was Nicolais'.

Walking out barefoot of the bathroom I check the clock, 11:32p.m. It late to be having dinner but I guess he wanted a chat with me. Which I'm going to dread.

Exiting the bedroom, it took me a bit to find my way around. One way was dead end the other way of the hall led towards a staircase so went down the stairs which welcomed a big lobby area with a huge 8ft tall front door.

My conscience is screaming at me to get out, it's your shot, take it.

"Thinking about trying to escape again." Nicolai says from across the room. Wheeling  towards me while his eyes start to access me. Blue eyes flash with what looks to be satisfaction in my appearance. This goes on for longer than a minute.