chapter 38

Sienna Stone

It's the morning and the snow is still sticking to the ground, the trees by the window have frost on its branches, the sun beaming on the tiny ice sickles having it shine like diamonds. A slight wind flows through the twigs having some snow fall slowly off them. A beautiful sight to have waken up too.

Nicolai had found a good sleeping place on the couch in his own Den.

Which was good because it was long enough for his long legs. I still wanted him comfortable.

And it was lonely last night in a big bed with just me. But I still wanted to put my foot down and show him that he will treat me well and not some little child.

I'm wearing a skirt that reaches down mid thigh. A deep blue button up blouse with long sleeves. Black pumps and black stockings. My hair is braided down in one ponytail with a matching ribbon at the end. My makeup is less than average today. I put on lip gloss and a little blush.

I grab my phone and start heading down stairs. When I see that I did get a missed call from yesterday by Nico, I also see that he had left me a voice mail. Deciding to hear I know I click the button and listen.

I frown not understanding the Russian parts but I didn't get the Spanish parts. Saying he is stupid and that he is sorry basically.

I wonder what he said in Russian? Maybe I should ask one of the twins or google translate the voice over.

Later, I decide.

Honestly, I still might forget later.

When I make it down the stairs I hear foot steps behind me. Looking over my shoulder I see my dashing husband and the twins falling behind him walking down the stairs.

I smile to myself and bring my phone up and press record.

I angle it just right getting a perfect view from down here in a good frame as they all decend down in all their glory.

Nicolai is dressed in all black on black suit, he is looking ahead with a couple of dark hair strands falling into his face. His grip atop his cane and the other hand stuffed in his pocket. The twins behind him follow three steps above him. Dimitri looking off to the side over the stairs his large hand on the banister, wearing a suit as well, black coat over a deep grey button up shirt. Tie loose from the top with a couple buttons open, showing his chest a bit. Don in the same outfit but wearing his tie perfectly. His fingers combing through his dirty blonde locks out of his face.

I capture everything single moment of that and finally stop the recording. Giggling to myself when I set the time in slow motion and put a song on it called, 'oh Mickey, your so fine, your so fine, you blow my mind.' And press post onto Tiktok.

"What are you doing, ангел?"

A blush creeps up my neck as I put my phone away, "nothing."

Nico raises an eyebrow down at me once he towers over me, "how did you sleep lastnight?" He asks, voice sounding deep.

"Like a baby." I lie. I'm not telling him anything about my restless night. I'm winning still, "how about you?" I ask back.

He frowns, "hated every second of it."

Good. "Why did you need me down here in the lobby?"

The twins straighten and Nico sighs heavily while placing a hand on my shoulder, "I should have gave you a heads up yesterday but--"

"Boss, Mr. Maritto is approaching the front door." A man informs their Pahkan.

What? I look back up to my husband with a look of confusion, "what is he doing here?" I ask, feeling uneasy.