chapter 45

Sienna Stone

It's been a couple of days since me and Donovon were found. Don had to have surgeries for his stomach when glass shredded his insides. But thankfully he made it through a steep hill and finally getting the rest he needs to heal.

For me, I've been fed and in bed for these past couple days. A bandage wrapped around my head. My husband wouldn't so much allow me to do anything other than recover. Dimitri of course his side kick on the matter while he visits his brother who has been in a sedative state for hours.

I recall what happened that night to the two of them, retelling every detail I could muster up by memory, but most is hazy still.

The doctor explained throughout the scenario of my cause of survival. To the dismay of Nicolais grumpyness. The doctor said it's a miracle that I'm even alive at this point. With my head injury and bruised legs and let's not forget the hypothermia stage I was in. Doctor deduced it down to one factor of how I came too.

I was flung out of the windshield and hit the rivershore with my head. My body was carried until I reach shore, the coldness put me into a state of coma, shutting my brain for a short amount of time until my brain heals slowly back into consciousness.

But all I heard was blah blah blah. All of it didn't matter at this point, I survived and now the remaining evidents sustain.

Those people tried to kill us but by who? Should it be Edmonds doing? Why go at this length to do all this? I realize there are many missing puzzle pieces to this motive of his.

Does he truly think of me as such a threat to his Empire? If so, why? If anything I'd think he would forget about me since I wasn't ever truly his blooded heir.

There is more to this, I have to find out.

My memories are bad, that's for sure but maybe I've seen more than I'm letting on. They didn't drug me and manipulated me all these years for just other than seeing my brother get murdered, whose to say I haven't exactly tried remembering the past? I remember certain things but they seem little to nothing.

Like the basement down stairs of the Galeons mansion. I see flickers of flashbacks of skin, scars--

I shake the flashback out of mind, I may not be a therapist but surely I'm not  compartmentalizing my memories? If so, I need an extra push to do so...

I'm laying here in my bed as the bedroom door creaks open, Nico comes in and shuts the door. He is wearing jeans and a dark sweater, which throws me off because I've never seen him look so darn comfy in regular clothes.

He did grow out a five o'clock shadow, and his hair had grown a bit, strands of his hair reaching to the nape of his neck. "How's your head?" He asks. Walking over and sitting on the bed beside me, "feeling any better?" He brushes the top of my hand softly with the tips of his fingers.

"I'm okay. I wish I wasn't bed ridden though." I grumble. Huffing, "I've been thinking and God knows having me in utter silence in one's room I can have a few proposals awaiting your arrival."

He smirks, "lets hear them."

"Let me in on the plan you are planning. And second, I need a hypnosis professional, lastly, I have something for you." I blurt out.

His eyes widen and mouth parts to my words, seeming shocked, "a...hypnosis professional? What? Why?" He questions me, "that's it, we need to see the doctor again I think your head--"

The little shit head, "stop! Dude, I need one so I can see if I can remember anything of my past. Chill."  How dare he question my motives thinking I lost my mind from a head injury, hmph.