chapter 59

Sienna Stone

The squad is all here. No one left as the Pakhan gave them permission to leave if they think death is what they shall not seek. Caspian is standing beside Shina--who is hugging her daughter as the little girl weeps in her mother's arms. Shina comforts her and hands her to an older lady who will be taking the girl far away and out of reach for protection. Caspian wraps his arms around Shinas waist to console her. He kisses the top of her hair and mumbles something, which has Shina sadly smile up at him.

Donovon and Dimitri are both conversing with each other before clasping their hand together with a tight grip, both nod once as if promising something to one another.

My eyes then land on Julian, to be honest,  I'm happy he stayed, not that I didn't think he wouldn't, but, we have grown as close friends of sorts--or at least to me we did. His eyes are on his pistols as he twirls them in his large hands before pulling them back into his side holsters that are strapped to his sides. His eyes then flick over to me as if he could sense my gaze on him. He smiles at me.

I never did appreciate how handsome he truly is. He is wearing an all black suit, like a spy of some sorts---maybe I could describe it as a ninja slash assassin suit, I guess. He has a knife strapped to his ankle above his combat boot. A belt built to hold bullets for his pistols, and his sling shot is strapped at the back of his backpack, which who knows what's in that.

I have noticed a lot of them, the entire squad wearing backpacks---

Were we supposed to bring....

Caspian comes to my side, "Here, I have brought you some weapons that I think will be useful for you. Per Julian's expertise of what you like." He hands me a small handgun, the one I've been practicing with. Then he hands me a Russian pocket knife along with a backpack of my own.

I furrow my eyebrows, "what's with the backpacks?"

"It is all we could pack of any important items you must need. All our belongings that we need for whats ahead." Is all he says before leaving me.

Okay? I wonder why?

Oh, and did I mention Caspian, Shina, me, and the twins are all wearing formal dresses and suits for the event? It's a masqerade style banquet. I'm wearing a red silky one slit long dress with a sweetheart neckline. My hair strewn up into a delicate bun with a few curly strands on the loose.

Shina is wearing a midnight blue dress, almost the same style as mine, but hers is more modest. Her blond locks curled and flowing like an angels halo. She is truly a sight to see. Caspian should feel very lucky.

I have yet to see my husband, that is, I don't care too right now or anytime soon, but I would have to be seeing him soon. The plan is still the same, the one he told us to stick with...

While we all know he has other plans of his, which he will not tell us. Keeping secrets, pushing me away, gaslighting my own feelings for him.

It angers me to no end. He was slowly becoming a pissass of a companion.

Am I being pity right now? Yes.

But I've always been petty. We all knew that much when we first met.

"You look lost in thought, bunny."

Julian needs to stop calling me, "I'm just thinking how much I want to throttle a grumpy, bipolar brute of a Russian bastardo."

He frowns before looking over to the others, "Did he...mention anything about what's to come tonight?" He pries.

I look down on my heels, "No." But then recall the last thing he told me, "well, sort of, if it's anything to do with it. He told me that tonight he would be asking a question, and he wanted me to say no. Which confused me because it made me think of what he could possibly be planning? No?"