chapter 55

Nicolai Stone

I never want to hurt Sienna, but my words did and they tasted like ash against my tongue. But I did what I had to do to push her away--and I knew she knew I was pushing her away.

Everything I'm doing is for her, she will see that soon enough.

That's been a couple hours ago when I told her those hateful words, causing her to run off out the office. My very being wanted to chase her--to tell her I didn't mean any of it and I wanted to hold her in my arms for comfort. Instead I stayed behind my desk watching her run out.

So here I am sitting down at my desk looking into paperwork. Paperwork of my soldiers who will be transfered from my estate.

Step by step is what I'm taking right now.

"You carry the world on your shoulders man." I hear Dimitri say, walking in and closing the door behind him.

I place my pen down on the desk, "what do you want?"

Dimitri grins, "you think me and Don don't know what your playing at?"

"I'm not playing. I'm simply preparing the operation for the event." I say, irritable.

He takes the seat in front of my desk and leans forward with a serious expression, "you've been leaving late at night and staying in this office for a while now. So I took the time to follow you."

I try not giving a reaction to his words but fucked up when I look away from his intense eyes, "I've been under alot of stress lately--so I go to the bar..."

Dimitri nods, "da, only you aren't going to the bar just to get smashed, yeah? When I followed you into the bar I seen you sit in a booth all alone...until someone sits across from you in the shadows."

Dammit, Dimitri.

"To find out who it was, was a true shocker. But then I put it all together. Now, what do you say to that?" He asks, voice deep and sounding a bit on the offensive side.

I keep my mouth closed, whatever he is thinking isn't exactly what it looks like in the slightest.

He will ruin my plans if anymore people knew about this.

Shit, I can't keep nothing from my best man so I might as well tell him something. Anything to get rid of that expression on his face.

"If you tell so much as anyone Dimitri, you will be meeting your fate. Doesn't matter if we grew up together or that you are my second in command." I threaten him, voice edged like a double sword.

He gives me a nod to continue.

"The man I was with at the bar is none other than Edmond Galeon himself as you already know. After the ambush and car wreck with Donovon and Sienna--I was scared that at this point Edmond would do anything to get to my wife..."

"That night we found Sienna I made it my upmost mission to find out his motives. Why did he want to endanger her? Why is he willing to be wreckless? So I sent one of my soldiers to correspond to the Galeons. To meet me, unarmed at the bar." I reach for my lighter and flick the lid open, "I knew he would come without doubt. Because I made a deal with him...a deal that will change everything."

Dimitri growls, "the fuck!? All this time you've been meeting with our enemy?"

Flicking the lighter closed, 'why be foe with him when it benefits being on the same side? Will it give us the better hand? That... I do not know but it is what I'm dealing with."

He slams his fist onto my desk, "what deal did you make with him?" He demands.

I lean against my chair, "to purchase his subjects to me and I will return the favor with an alliance contract with him."