chapter 41

Nicolai Stone

"You don't look so well boss." Dimitri whispers as he looks into his binoculars and scouting out the building in front of us. We are atop a buildings roof. It is late at night with the full moon up in the sky, clouds swirling around it, "your face looks pale." He then says.

I'm laying on my stomach and propped up at the edge of the roof with a sniper rifle in front of me. One eye in the scope seeing figures walking into a meeting haul, "shut up." I grunt closing in on my target.

Dimitri is spotting for me incase I get the wrong guy in the other building but he has yet told me where he is located so I lean my head back, turn to him and see that he is looking off to the right side with the binoculars. I follow his line of sight and see a opened window with the curtains open--a woman laying in a bubble bath.

I grab my cane from my side and bonk the back of his head, he yelps, "fuck that hurt!"

"Focus." I order, grounding my teeth together.

He rubs the back of his head with his hand, "but seriously, you don't look good." His voice is full of concern.

He is probably right about how I'm looking. Because how I feel is total shit. I think I might be coming down with a stomach bug, "which is why we should proceed now and then go back to our room." I grumble.

Looking into the scope of the rifle I focus myself placing my finger on the trigger. I control my breathing into shallow breaths, tilt the barrel down a fraction before finally getting in the right position. Waiting on Dimitri's call.

For a moment everything is silent--the silence I loved. The quiet air between me and the bullet that's about to plunge into a man whom needed to learn his lesson. The Irish leader will pay for trying to kill my wife. I have planned this ever since the shootout in that ring store. I had to find him quick before he moves on again and can be untraceable.

We got the men who tried killing her but not their leader.

I bring out my zip lighter and flick the lid open, lighting it. The fire is stand still--so no wind to make my bullet drift from my target. Flicking the lid closed and put my lighter away and get into position again, waiting for the call.

"2 knocks and 3.6 kilometers, wind trigetory zero for the nautical per mile. Target stationed to the right." Dimitri goes into stealthmode as I aim my target. He was always good at being a spotter for me, and great with high stakes for us being here right now. Knowing every building surrounding the target had stationed men around each building. We had to be quick.

I release a slow breath and pull the trigger.

The bullet spirals and meets the head of the Irish Mafia boss--precisely between his eyes. Fucker.

My stomach gargles in protest, "alright, let's get the hell off this roof--"

"Look who is here. Some trespassers attempting to assassin an Irish leader?" A high pitched unfamiliar voice says from behind us. A woman?

Damn, this isn't good.

We get up and raise our hands up, showing that we are unarmed--for now. Leaving my cane by my foot while Dimitri chuckles like a little twerp, "your a little late now." He says.

We meet head on with a woman, none other than Shira Han, the most known for being a hitman--woman. She is wearing an all black leather suit, provocative as her breast seem to want to burst out of the seams. Long blonde hair braided and reaching to her mid section. Two daggers in hands while she smiles provokinginly at us two.