"Beauty in all He Is" -Taebin

This includes: Romance, some Angst
Taehyun, the next ruler of Desiderium, must find a suitable bride or husband in order to actually rule the kingdom.
But what happens when he falls in love with a commoner instead, who holds a secret that only he knows?

Note: another gift for my big sis @txtaebin on Instagram
-

🎶: 'Black Crown (Instrumental)' by Kingdom

Taehyun sat in his stool patiently, looking at himself in the mirror as his butlers and maids were fixing him up.

"Oh don't you worry Taehyun; we'll make sure you look dashing tonight!" Maid 1 assured.

"Thank you."

Taehyun kept his eyes wide open as a maid fixed his lashes, and as another applied some blush on his cheeks.

Once they were finally done, Taehyun took a look at the result.

He was draped in white, and his blue eyes highlighted his purple dyed hair. The makeup applied on him only did minimal justice to his already beautiful face.

Nevertheless, he looked like a prince.

Well, duh: he is a prince.

And because he is a prince, he must find a suitable bride or husband this evening.

It was the main reason he was being dolled up so much: to look presentable to the princes and princesses coming to see him tonight.

They come from all kingdoms nearby.

And only one will become his future partner.

Taehyun stood behind the closed doors, his gloved hands pressed together as he tried to calm his beating heart.

It's gonna be okay Taehyun. It's gonna be okay. Nothing to worry about. You got this, right?

"Announcing the heir to the throne of Desiderium..." one of the butlers behind the closed doors announced.

Taehyun inhaled.

"Prince Kang Taehyun of Desiderium!"

And then the doors opened.

Taehyun walked out with a beating heart, but if anything, his face didn't show it. He looked calm and serene.

People in the crowds were shocked.

It was always a shock to see the beautiful prince in person; no portrait or painting could do justice to him.

Taehyun walked down the stairs, careful not to slip and hurt himself. He walked to his parents, King Kang Yumin and Queen Kang Seohee, who beckoned him to come closer and to stand in the middle.

"Let the ball begin!" King Yumin exclaimed.

While everyone was busy bustling around, enjoying themselves and dancing around the room, Taehyun had to stand next to the staircase as the butler announced the names of many princes and princesses.

"Princess Kang Yeseo of Flores."

A pretty young woman curtsied in front of him, and Taehyun respectfully bowed in return.

"Prince Park Sunghoon of Glacies."

A handsome, slightly taller man bowed, and Taehyun repeated the action from earlier once again.

"Princess Shen Xiaoting of Dea."

Another tall young woman with big eyes curtsied politely. And once again, Taehyun bowed back.

This is how it went for a very long time.

Taehyun was wondering when the line was going to end.

"Has no one caught your eye yet, dear?" Queen Seohee asked when her son finally got a break.