"You Fell in Love" -Tyunning

This includes: Bittersweet Fluff and Angst
Taehyun and Hueningkai have been best friends since childhood. They always stuck together and shared everything together.
One day, Taehyun tells Hueningkai a secret.
A secret that may or may not have shattered Kai's heart.

Inspired by a discontinued and deleted Tyunning fanfic, The Boy Who Grew Up Too Fast
-

🎶: '20CM' by TXT

If you knew Kang Taehyun or Kai Kamal Huening, you would probably know a few of the basics.

They were both born in the same year, with Taehyun being just six months older, they were both quite handsome, and they both are very passionate people. You would also know that they're best friends.

But if you really knew them, you would know that their friendship dates back a very long time ago.

As in, childhood.

Taehyun and Hueningkai are childhood best friends.

It all began at a little playground.

A little brown haired boy, just six years old, sighed out loud, puffing his cheeks out as he leaned over the railing of the pirate ship.

The sun shone on him, glossing its rays over his tanned skin.

But he wasn't happy.

"I wish someone would play with me... but everyone thinks playing good pirates is dumb," he pouted.

The little boy thought no one heard him.

But then a voice spoke.

"That sounds like a great idea!"

The boy spun around to see another boy, smaller than him, with slightly curly chestnut colored hair.

"Really?!"

The chestnut boy nodded.

"Yes! Pirates may love treasure, but they also helped many people!"

"I'm glad someone agrees with me. Do you wanna play together?"

"Yes!"

The brown haired boy grinned.

"My name is Taehyun, and yours?"

"It's Kai!!"

The two boys played a lot that afternoon. While pretending to sail the seas looking for islands with stranded people, Taehyun and Kai got to know each other a little.

It turns out Kai was actually from America, and had moved here to Korea just a few months earlier.

Taehyun believed Kai could already speak Korean very well.

So imagine the joy he had when he found out that the Huenings, Kai's family, actually lived right next to his family's house.

Which is why it was easier for the two boys to hang out as they got older.

"Psst!"

Taehyun glanced out of his treehouse to see a nine-year-old Hueningkai (he was going more by that name recently) standing there with his Molang plushie.

"Can I come up?"

"It's already dark out; what are you doing here so late?"

"I could ask the same to you!"

"Fair enough."

Taehyun let the ladder down and Hueningkai climbed it up, entering the treehouse.