"Mr Popular" -Choi Line

This includes: Chaos
A school newspaper article of the three most popular boys in high school aiming for the trophy of "Mr Popular".
Each of them is doing it in their own way.
Who won? Read to find out.
-

Mr Popular: The Winner of 2k19
June 25th, 2019
Written by Y/N

The contest of 'Mr Popular' at Hanlim School of Arts is the most anticipated event of the year, as many students say. It's an opportunity for boys to finally have a chance to prove themselves to everyone around them.

However, this year's contest was the most remarkable out of all the contests so far.

Especially since the three most popular boys were in high competition against each other, each of them having a hard strive.

First up, we have Choi Soobin: He's the quiet smart kid who is beloved by teachers and students around him. For very good reasons. He is very soft spoken and has never raised his voice at anyone before, some junior students report. He's extremely intelligent too, and is at the top of the class.

Then we have Choi Yeonjun: He's known as the best player on the baseball team, and some people have stereotyped him as a playboy. But that's not true; Yeonjun is a very lively person who enjoys talking with anyone. Most students have always spoken about his easy and outgoing nature that makes you think you're his friend.

Last but not least, we have Choi Beomgyu: He's the high school sweetheart. He's kind to anyone he meets, and always acts like such a gentleman to the ladies. If you ask any girl who their crush is, it's probably him. Whether it's because of his outstanding and extraordinary visuals, you can't help being drawn to him.
(Continue on C3)

Many Hanlim students wondered whether the three boys would participate in the contest. There were some who were really hoping that they would join, and some didn't bother, stating 'They're all popular already anyway'.

However, the three boys were not entirely aware just how famous and well-known they were around the school, and just a day after the contest was announced, all three boys had signed up.

But there was a twist: it was an act of rivalry against each other.

As mentioned earlier, none of them know just how popular they are, and probably wanted to be the most popular of them all.

You would expect them to do the same exact thing, but no, all three boys utilized their strengths to their advantage.

The baseball team reported that Choi Yeonjun offered free practice rounds for the new team members, and even for the ones who were struggling deeply. Freshman students especially were amazed by this, saying "he was even more patient than our coach" or "I was able to hit a home run better thanks to his tips". Even the team members who have known Yeonjun-ssi the longest said that "this is the most ambitious he's been in his entire career as a baseball player". And because so many new players joined the team because of him, there were twice the amount of people cheering for Hanlim at the baseball finals for this season.

Meanwhile, Choi Soobin, after asking for permission from the principal, hung flyers around the school offering free tutoring sessions. And as anyone could have expected, many many girls immediately signed up.

Soobin used his knowledge to the max, helping many students prepare for their tests and explaining the material carefully to them. Imagine the happiness on those students' faces when they saw the boost in their grades. A bunch of D students were able to jump up into the B student level thanks to him. And the bonus here was that he always had chocolate for them as a tutoring reward.