"Now We're Faded" -Taejun

This includes: Angst, MCD
"I thought what we had was forever. But I can see the love in your eyes for him. I can't do this anymore Yeonjun, let's break up."
In other words, the leading moments to Taehyun and Yeonjun's tragic breakup, one that should've never happened.

Requested by hyungerine

-

🎶: 'Love in Color' by Taeyeon

Taehyun is known for being a lot of things.

Smart.

He was at the top of his class for four consecutive years straight, and was awarded many medals for his intelligence and diligence during school hours.

Caring.

One of his many nicknames, alongside Einstein's second coming or the next one who'll build an Eiffel Tower, was loveable sweetheart. Despite coming off as a reserved and serious guy at first, Taehyun was actually sweet and humorous, always looking out for others, more than for himself.

Yet the most prominent one of them all was that Taehyun was very observant.

Not in MBTI terms, even though his S to N ratio was 84% to 16%, meaning he was very rational, down-to-earth and realistic.

But in the sense of noticing things before anyone else does.

You seemed a little more down than usual? Taehyun's first instinct was to ask you if you were having a bad day.

You weren't eating your meal and just poking it? Taehyun would immediately ask you if you're feeling ill which is why you're not consuming any food.

You are his boyfriend and starting to not do much with him anymore?

Wait.

Boyfriend?

That's right.

Taehyun had a boyfriend.

How it happened was... well, some would say it came straight out of a K-drama.

It was a Tuesday.

How he remembers the exact day, he doesn't know. What he does know is that he was extremely late that day.

To his misfortune and awful luck, the bus that he usually takes stopped in the middle of the traffic, miraculously not causing a car crash, due to a flat tire, and the mechanic sure was taking his time to arrive.

Opting to make use of his legs instead, Taehyun ran a good two kilometers from the accident site, just barely missing the gates being closed.

After storming inside the main building, signing himself in by the school secretary office, Taehyun needed a breather.

His leg muscles were burning like hell, to the point they felt like jelly, and he knew he urgently needed to sit down.

Not the hallway though, only God knows what is on the floor.

So, Taehyun opted to go to the nearest classroom, which happened to be the art room that didn't have classes in the first period.

Nobody would be there, right?

Well, that's what Taehyun thought too as he twisted the door knob open and entered the room, plopping himself onto the nearest chair with an exasperated groan, before registering the fact... he wasn't alone.

He sat up in embarrassment when he noticed the presence in front of him.

Black hair styled into a mullet, round, silvery and sparkly earrings adorning his lobes (which were partially hidden by his headphones), full plushy lips pursed upwards in focus, and concentrated monolids gazing on the canvas before him.