01.

We just arrived at the shoreline, I leave Emey behind me as I end our bond together. I pet her one last time before walking away, I could see the big birds landing on the wooden bridge as the blue people start walking on the sand. I frown, they were darker than us, they had a tail and no slippers. They were different, but still not as different. Their eyes were yellow, beautiful.

Tsireya takes my hand to approach them as a huge crowd was quickly surrounding them, I take a look at the leader Tonowari and his wife Ronal walking over the strangers. They both looked confused, but Ronal also seemed to be annoyed. Let's say it is hard to be liked by her, I had to wait at least ten years of my life before she finally started liking me.

As Tsireya tries to drag me with her, I free myself from her grip. She turns to me in confusion, I simply nods to the blue strangers.

"Go without me.

- You do not want to see what's happening?

- It's just a family, nothing interesting." I say as I step back.

Tsireya shrugs before turning her back to me. She approaches the crowd while I take a last look at the family. They were six, the mother, the father, two brothers and two sisters. I notice the younger brother admiring my friend Tsireya, I roll my eyes. Another one falling for her fabulous charm. I stifle a laugh as I keep analyzing the family, the mother seemed self-contained. The youngest girl was holding her hand, she looked scared.

The father was trying to discuss with our leader as Rotxo and Aonung started bullying the brothers, touching their tails, making fun of it. Well, looks like they found more interesting preys. The older girl seemed annoyed to be here. She wanted to leave as soon as her feet touched the sand. This family looked like they wanted to request exile here. I look at the Ikrans behind them, they were beautiful. It is the first time I see one.

I look back at the family and suddenly meets one of the brother's gaze, and it is the older one. He had long braids falling on his shoulders, he was very tall. Not as muscular as his father but he could become a clone of his father when he grow up. He also exactly looks like his mother. I glare at him, analyzing him from up and down as I finally look at Rotxo and Aonung.

They were still making fun of them but the older one didn't seem bothered, too busy trying to read me. I hush at the boys, and although I was quite far away, they heard me and immediately stepped back as they meet my gaze. Aonung rolls his eyes as I take a last look at the older one, he was now observing the boys.

I immediately leave, walking to my cot. I guess Tonowari will give them exile here, they are not going to let them leave after crossing the oceans to come here. They all looked exhausted. I enter my cot and realize my mom is not here, she is probably on the beach welcoming the newcomers, I sigh in annoyance. Why is everybody so surprised and interested? I mean they're like us, they're a normal family.

I put my bow and arrows away as I sit on the corner of the cot and starts slicing the fish my mom found in the water this morning. I still keep watching the beach where the newcomers were, and I conclude Tsireya decided to make them visit the village since they are starting to follow her. I suddenly hear my mom entering the cot, I turn to her and see her with the harpoon. She smiles at me.

"Since when did you come home? She asks.

- Since the strangers came." I answer as I continue slicing the fish, taking off the bones.

My mother sits next to me as she starts to prepare a campfire to cook the fish, she turns her head to me.

"Did you see them? The men looks strong and the mother too. But I am worried for the two younger girls.

- Do not worry for them, Tsireya is here to help them with her brother and Rotxo." I answer.

I slice the head off and throw it away. I am truly not worried, I noticed the father was an hybrid. He has five fingers and the younger brother has five fingers too. The father was a former demon and he became one of the Na'vi. He learnt the Omatikaya culture, he will learn our culture.

"Are you not going to help them too? Maybe you'll make some new friends." My mom suddenly says as she approaches me.

I frown and look up at her. I know damn well what she is about to ask me. I immediately try to dissuade her as I negatively shake my head.

"No. No. I am not interested in meeting new people. They do not need me. I say.

- Of course they need you. These people will have to learn how to hunt, and you are the best hunter of the village.

- Aonung's also a good a hunter." I say.

I look down at the fish as I suddenly feel my mom's hand on my arm where my first tattoo was. A shiver runs through my whole body. I look at her hand on my tattoo. I got this one because I managed to find a new school of fish when hunger had begun to reign in the village. I was only twelve when this happened and the village was so proud and grateful. This was my first time when the village glorified me.

Two days after this, Tonowari and Ronal decided to tattoo me on the left arm, near my shoulder to thank me. I obviously accepted, it is a huge honor. And after this one, I got six more, another one on the same arm, two on the opposite one, another on my back, a bow one of my neck that is constantly hidden by my hair and a last one I got three months ago on my inner thigh. I like when they are discreet, so I try to choose hidden spots on my body.

"I just know your father would've helped them to integrate." She suddenly says.

Again. She always has to bring everything to him, although he is not here anymore. He abandonned her when she was pregnant of me and never came back. So I grew up without a father figure.

"Well I am not like my father, sorry to disappoint you mother." I say as I squint my eyes and look up at her.

I free myself from her grip and stand up as I leave the cot. I hear her calling my name but I completely ignore her.

"That is not what I meant!" She says.

I head to the beach to find Emey playing in the water with other Ilus. I smile and sit on the wooden bridge where the Ikrans were just a hour ago. The eclipse will soon begin and the sky was slowly turning orange as I was admiring the horizon, enjoying the sound of the water crashing against the sand.

But a familiar voice breaks this peaceful moments, I turn around and see Rotxo approaching me.

"There will be a campfire tonight to welcome the newcomers, you will be there? He asks.

- Is Tsireya coming?" I ask.

Rotxo simply nods positively, I then smile and stand up from the bridge. I take a last look at Emey and finally turns to Rotxo.

"Yes, I will come."

author's note
i really do not know what to think of
this chapter

tell me if you liked it and share your thoughts!<3

dont forget to vote if you liked this chapter;)