53.

The sun was slowly setting as I was burying my mother, nobody came. But I don't need anybody. I'll bury her myself. I want her to have funerals. The funerals she deserves. I'll never forgive them for what they did. They were horrible. They don't deserve to live. They should be dead.

I felt so empty now. I don't have any reasons to stay here. Although the fact that I made a deal with Tonowari. I have to be Aonung's mate. This bastard has what he wanted. And to have it, he had to murder my mother. I hate him. I hate every freaking pieces of him. I couldn't feel anything anymore. Just madness, disappointment. I am not even sad. I am just waiting for my revenge. I will exterminate all of them.

They will beg me to kill them. Beg me to forgive them for what they've done to me. To the only family I had. They're monsters. I am done being nice with people, done of always getting played like this. From now on, I will live for me, and no one else.

I get back at the surface and starts swimming to the shoreline. I am breathless. I feel so weak. So tired. Exhausted is the word. I stand up as I keep walking over the sand where I face a familiar silhouette. I widen my eyes as I recognize Neteyam. He presses his lips together in a sad way before frowning.

And I break down, again. I am so exhausted. Neteyam immediately walks over me and hugs me, his hand running through my hair.

"I am sorry." He whispers tenderly.

I just keep sobbing in his arms. And I think it is the first time he sees me cry. I think it is the first time I see myself cry.

"What have I done to deserves this?" I ask between a few sobs.

Neteyam should be leaving the island in a few hours, that was the deal. Tonowari is offering them their lives. And I am going to stay here, forever. I look up at Neteyam and meet his gaze.

"Where are you going to go? I ask worried as I wipe my tears.

- I don't know..." He says.

They escaped from the forest so there is no way they go back there. But they can not stay here, Tonowari kicked them out. They have nowhere to go and I wish I could help them but I feel so powerless. I do not know what to do.

"Why did you do that? Why didn't you unchecked that goddamn arrow Rhea?

- He was going to kill you Neteyam. I couldn't allow this. Not after he took my mother." I say as I lower my head, crying again.

I sigh. I truly feel so damn exhausted. All I want to do is lay down and sleep, get some rest. Forever if that is possible because I mentally and physically can not take no more. I wish we could find a way. I wish I didn't have to face my fate like this. I wish I didn't have to leave Neteyam.

I widen my eyes. Oh. Oh damn. Maybe I just found a way. I look up at Neteyam and meet his gaze.

"We're going back to the forest Neteyam. I say.

- 'We'? What do you mean Rhea? You're going to be Tsahìk here!" He says as he cups my face between his fingers.

I won't spend the rest of my life with Aonung. Neteyam is the one I want to live with until we're old enough to die. I said I want Neteyam to show me the world, to show me Pandora, and this is still what I truly and deeply want. And no one ever refuses me anything.

"You really think I am going to mate with this asshole? I am going to leave. With you. To the forest. Neteyam, you're all I want and need, I don't want you to leave. I love you Neteyam!" I say as I ink my gaze in his.

I sniff one last time as Neteyam wipes my tears away with his thumbs. He takes a deep breath with a frown.

"Love, we can't go back to the forest. The Avatars, they're chasing after us and Quaritch and-