09.

Rotxo and Aonung were both teaching Kirri how to ride her Ilu since Tuk is too young to ride Ilu. Neteyam couldn't stop looking at them, hoping Rotxo and Aonung wouldn't annoy his sister. I smash my hand against his shoulder to make him come to his senses. He jumps slightly before turning to me.

"Hey, focus. Don't worry about her, I talked to Aonung. He won't do anything to her.

- I know but I don't trust this man. I keep telling myself it was a bad idea. I should've stay with Aonung instead of going with you." He says as he sighs.

I nod at the Ilu, making him understand to get on it. He does as I answer answer him.

"Aren't you happy that I am your partner?" I ask as I ink my gaze in his.

I was obviously joking, I wasn't expecting an answer from him. I just wanted to tease him so the atmosphere gets more relaxed.

"No. Yes! I mean yes I am happy to be your partner because I am not with Aonung and I actually appreciate you a little bit, because you are nice and..." He stops as he realizes he is going a bit too far, making me giggle.

He gets shy and lowers his head looking at the Ilu, he points at it and speaks up to change the topic of the conversation.

"Boy or girl?

- Girl." I answer with a smile.

He nods before laying his hand on the Ilu, petting her with a proud smile. I feel like he already loves her. The very opposite of when I first rode Emey. She was very rebel and disobedient, but now, her and I are like best friends.

"Okay, now create the bond." I say.

He nods his head as he runs his fingers in his braided hair. I realize he always has one rebellious braid always in front of his face. He slightly tilts backwards while grabbing his braid to create the bond. He creates the bond with the Ilu and I immediately notices the animal's pupils growing bigger.

"Great." I say with a smile.

He looks up at me and plunges his eyes in mine, and I am still swimming in his shining yellow eyes.

"I still haven't done anything.

- You have already done a lot." I say as I see him smirking.

I look down and start petting the Ilu so she feels more comfortable and relaxed. The first bonds are always the hardest for the Ilus, they need time to feel comfortable with their riders and the bond. I decide to tease Neteyam again, I look up at him and realize he is already looking at me.

"Yerino told me you asked about me to him." I unexpectedly say.

He immediately widens his eyes in surprise. I can't help but maliciously smile as he realizes he has been caught. Yerino ratted him out without any pity and I find this genuinely amusing. He stutters a few words before finally saying a correct sentence.

"Uh... Look I can explain! I know I should've just go talk to you like a normal person but you seemed so inaccessible! I just needed to know at least your name and...

- And since you seems so determined to get to know me, I accept your offer." I suddenly say.

He needs a little moment before finally understanding what I just said. He widens his eyes and raises his eyebrows in surprise, probably not expecting me to give him a positive answer so quickly.

"What? Really?" He asks looking flabbergasted.

I stifle a laugh before smacking the Ilu's butt. She immediately starts swimming in the water of a lightning speed. The Ilu dives in the water with Neteyam on her and I immediately see Neteyam getting back at the surface. I guess the Ilu just kept swimming.

I start giggling as I see Neteyam put his hair back in place. I swim over him and when I am close enough to him, I speak up.

"Well, there's a lot of work to do sir.

- I wasn't ready." He defends himself still catching his breath.

I start laughing before calling back the Ilu with noises. She comes back and starts rubbing against me. I smile at her before lifting my head to Neteyam.

"Plus, she seems to like you more than me.

- She will like you more. She will love you, don't worry." I say.

He simply nods before rubbing his eyes. I try to find the words to explain to him how to get more comfortable with her and how to make her obey.

"Look, remember the first time you rode an Ikran?" I ask.

He starts chuckling. And I guess he still remembers it, just by how he grimaced when I asked him.

"This is not something you forget, miss." He says as inks his gaze in mine.

I honestly don't want to know how you ride an Ikran for the first time, but I have heard it is very hard. Apparently you have to attack the big bird like a fair animal. And it will try to kill you too.

"Well, it is like your first rides with your Ikran. Settling a bond is not just connecting your braid with her, it is settling a complicity with her. You are her, and she is you." I say as I plunge my eyes in his.

He stays silent for a few seconds before finally nodding. He gets back on the Ilu and settle the bond. I expect him to go, but he stays still for a moment and turns to me.

"If I go to the roots every night after dinner, will I be able to find you there?" He asks.

I try to hide my smile. Well, he really wants to spend some times with me. I don't think someone ever wanted to get to know me so bad and I have to admit it, it such a big boost for my ego. He was basically saying he'd like to hang out together every night at the roots. And if I wanted to get acquainted with him, I couldn't refuse.

"Yes." I answer as I blink a few times.

He smirks before ordering to his Ilu to start swimming. After a few meters, he dives in the water with the animal. Now that he is not here anymore, I can finally stupidly smile. I turn around and meet Aonung's gaze. He seemed disappointed and jealous.

He simply shakes his head with a frown before turning back to Kirri and Rotxo. Well he is mad, and I know I will have to talk to him after that. He sometimes make me feel like I am his girlfriend. I can't talk to other men now? I really don't understand him. Him and I are not together but he still finds a way to be jealous of other men I am not even flirting with.

I then turn to Tsireya to see how she is doing with Lo'ak. And she is already looking at me as the blue man gets back on the Ilu after falling. She simply moves her eyebrows in a seductive way to me. My friend nods at Neteyam's silhouette swimming with the Ilu underwater. I immediately know what she is referring to.

I immediately chuckle and ignore her. I turn my back at her and observe Neteyam swimming underwater, and he seemed comfortable now. It was not perfect, but it was good.

author's note
another chapter for today :)))
what do you think about it?

don't forget to leave a vote if you liked this chapter<3

xo