54.

I was hiding behind a bush, observing Aonung walking on the beach. This motherfucker seemed way too peaceful after murdering my mother. And I want to change that as soon as possible. I take one arrow before putting it against my bow. I said I would take revenge, and I do. I was being dead serious when I said I won't be nice anymore. All of this is over. I am over being kind and the little nice girl.

I take a deep breath trying to focus. If you told me six months ago I would be trying to kill Aonung, I would've laugh in your face. But here I am, hiding behind a bush, aiming on my old friend I thought I'd keep forever. Things change. People change too. And they sometimes become your worst nightmare. And I want to be Aonung's. I am going to torture him until he begs me to kill him. Only if I am nice enough.

But if I choose not to be nice, I'll just let him live but let him wishing he could die. I want him to be fucking afraid of me, I want him to fear me. I want his blood to run cold when he sees me. I want to be in his worst nightmares, I want to haunt him until he kills himself. He will be scared of me. And the woman who is about to kill him isn't Rhea, this is someone else. The person I am now building. The person I was meant to become.

This isn't just a want. This is a need. He will pay. Pay for what he put me through. He doesn't deserve to live. He doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as me. I want to be the last thing he sees before dying. I want him to see all the hatred and the madness I am feeling. He will regret every single of his actions. And I'll be there, just watching him begging me to save him, or to kill him.

I close one eye and aim on his heart. This is where I want to aim. This is where I want him to be hurt. I want him to feel the pain of loosing someone you love, I want him to feel his heart shattering in a thousand pieces like mine shattered when my mother died. I have never killed anybody before, and this is my first time, but I don't care. I am enjoying the fact that Aonung is the first one I will murder. I am training myself for the future.

A life for a life.

I take a deep breath. I remember the day I sliced Neteyam's arrow after he shot on a coconut. Right in the middle. And I thought I couldn't do better. But I did, I sliced his arrow in two. But he helped me. And now, I don't have Neteyam's help. And I have to aim perfectly. And I have only one try. I aim again, correctly.

I uncheck the arrow.

It lands on Aonung's chest, right in his heart. He falls on the sand, I straighten up trying to have a better look. I don't feel anything instead of satisfaction. I did what I had to do. I took revenge. I walk over his body, I am near enough to see his fear in his eyes, his fear to die, and his fear when he realized it was my arrow.

"Hi." I say with a smile.

He widens his eyes, inking his gaze in mine. I aimed in the heart, but not deep enough. I guess I wasn't strong enough that time. I'll train again so I get better. He tries to catch his breath, but it's getting hard for him.

"Uh, sorry. What are you saying? I can't hear you." I say.

I chuckle before crouching down next to Aonung. I look at the arrow and take it between my fingers and rotates it a little bit, Aonung screams in pain. I widen my eyes in surprise before speaking up.

"Oh, sorry. Did I hurt you? I ask as I tilt my head to the side.

- You... You're going to pay for this."

I stifle a laugh before standing up, I see him sliding his hand on his dagger but I hit his hand with my foot before he could harm me, the dagger is being thrown away.

"Not if you die before." I say.

I crouch back down and meet his gaze. I had no pity for him. It's crazy how we went from bestfriends to enemies. I could've killed for him, but I ended up killing him. I should be feeling sad and sorry, but I don't. I only feel disappointment. And the only thing I want is to kill him.