11.

After dinner, Tuk returned to her family's hut with her parents because she was not allowed to come with us since she is too young. And then, we all headed to a calm spot on the beach near the water but not too close. I didn't speak to Neteyam because I couldn't. But I don't want to talk to him publicly because I know he won't answer as himself. I want him to talk to me like he did earlier during the lesson.

I only talked with Lo'ak and Kirri. We talked about the fruits and plants here, we compared them to theirs. And I have to admit it, I would love to taste some fruits from the forest. I really like Kirri, she is so nice and mature. I don't know if she likes me too though. And Lo'ak is very funny and kind, I feel like he truly cares about his loved-ones and I find this so cute.

And the way him and Tsireya look at each other. It is so obvious they are starting to catch feelings. I feel like it was love at first sight. Tuk showed me some of her traditional jewelry she had on her, and I find them so pretty. Ours are made with shells, shark's teeth and things like that, and theirs are so different, they use Thanator's teeth to decorate their jewelry. They sculpt pearls in wood.

We find the perfect spot, we start taking some rocks to create a circle where we'll make the fire. I stand up and speak up.

"I am going to look for wood. I will be right back." I say.

They all nod as I see Lo'ak and Tsireya starting to look for a silex to make the fire as Kirri is doing the circle with the rocks. As I am about to turn my back to them, I suddenly hear Neteyam's heavenly voice echoing in my ears.

"Wait, I am coming with you. You'll need some strong arms to carry all the wood." He says to find an excuse to come with me.

I stifle a laugh as I turn to him. Lo'ak grumbles as he makes fun of his brother.

"Look, I am the stronger!" He says showing off his muscle, trying to imitate his brother.

I can't help but laugh as I see Neteyam chuckling and throwing sand at his brother. We start leaving together towards the roots where we'll find wood because of the tree branches falling.

"I am strong enough, you know?" I say as I look up at him.

It was getting dark so I couldn't really see his face, but I could guess that he had a smile on his face. He shrugs and retorts.

"Not as strong as me.

- Are you done throwing you flowers? I say with a chuckle.

- Uhm... No." He answers with a laugh.

I smile at him as we arrive at the roots. We climb on them and start searching for wood although it is going to be hard since I can not see anything, and I think Neteyam doesn't see a single thing too.

"Why is it always so dark here? He asks, grumbling.

- The firefly are mostly flying under the roots near the water." I say as I look down at the water beneath our feet.

And yes indeed, there was some firefly. He nods his head and we finally find a spot where there is some wood. I take the wood and ask Neteyam to take it.

"Let's see if you are really so strong." I say with a smile.

He giggles, looking at me putting the branches on his arms. We didn't talk much, but I was having a great time searching for tree branches with him. It was simple but enjoyable, and these moments are mostly the moments where you unconsciously talk about you.

"Hey, I was wondering if I will keep the Ilu I rode today?

- Why, you already love her that much?" I ask as I raise my eyebrows.