24.

I was near the palm trees, trying to get some coconut that fell for my mom since she asked me to get some of them. I woke up very early this morning, and in a good mood. I am very often in a good mood these days. And I know why.

As I am about to crouch to get another coconut, I suddenly hear a few steps behind me. I turn around and see Tuk. I smile as she runs to me.

"Hi Tuk!" I say with a wide grin.

But she doesn't smile back. She seems so breathless and I can tell something is off. I frown as she tries to speak, but she couldn't catch her breath. My smile starts to fade away as I let the coconut fall on the ground. I squat in front of her and put my hand on her rib cage.

"Hey sweetie, breathe. Tell me what's going on?" I say worried.

She takes a deep breath before answering me, not in full sentences, only some words.

"Lo'ak, Neteyam and Kirri... Fighting on the beach with Aonung, Rotxo and other people..." She says breathless.

I widen my eyes and immediately understand. I stand up and caress her hair as she speaks up again in her breathless tone.

"I am sorry, I didn't know what to do I just came to you.

- No, it was the right thing to do. Stay here." I say as I start to leave.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

neteyam's pov::

"You heard what she said. Leave them alone." I say as I point to Aonung.

This man was truly pissing me off. Rhea told me about how he talked to her a few days ago, and that just made me hate him even more. Who does he think he is? And now he annoys my sister and my brother. Cherry on top.

His friend I didn't know stepcloser to me and Aonung immediately stops him in his track. But he doesn't steps back. Which is annoying.

"Back off. Now." I say as I scrunch my nose.

He gently lifts his head as his ears lowers. He steps back. At least I don't have to say it twice. I also step back and look at the other boys, and Rotxo was one of them.

"And from now on, I need you to respect my sister." I say as I look back at Aonung.

His friend hisses at me although he doesn't even have fangs. None of these fish lips have fangs, he is just embarrassing himself thinking he is scaring me. Aonung backs him off again before Kirri sticks out her tongue at him. I try not to smile.

I don't even know what they said to them, I just saw Aonung, Rotxo and the other annoying my sister as she was observing the sand, and then Lo'ak defended her and they started annoying him, so I just came to defend my siblings. That's what I have to do as the eldest.

"Let's go." I say as I lay my hand on Lo'ak's head.

We all start to leave when I suddenly hear Aonung's voice calling me out.

"Yeah that's it. Go cry about it to your stupid ass hoe." He says.

I stop walking, turn to Aonung with a frown. Is he for real? I tilt my head to the side as I squint my eyes while his friends were laughing, except for Rotxo.

"Who are you talking about?

- Rhea of course." He says with a laugh.