28.

(i highly recommend listening to My All by Mariah Carey on repeat to read this chapter to set into the mood, trust me y'all)

I was on my Ilu, right in front of Neteyam's hut, waiting for him as I was talking with Tuk. She was telling me she accidentally killed a crab by stepping on it, and I was trying to reassure her telling it's okay, millions of crabs die everyday.

"I still feel very bad. This crab probably had a family. Can you imagine if he had kids? They were waiting for their father to come back home and he never did because I stepped on it.

- Stop it Tuk, you are really going to make me cry." I say as I lay my hand on her arm.

She stifles a laugh and I still try to comfort her as I see she is still very sad.

"You didn't see it. It's not your fault, you did what you could've done to save him." I say.

As she is about to answer me, I suddenly hear a familiar voice coming from behind Tuk, I look behind her shoulder and see Lo'ak walking over us.

"You!" He yells at me.

I frown. Damn, he seems very mad. Why did I do? I am starting to panick. Okay, I did something wrong, I definitely did something wrong. Tuk turns to her brother with a frown as Lo'ak continues to speak.

"Stop bewitching my brother or I'll tell Eywa to make you sleep forever. In other words; to kill you." He says as he stops in front of me and crouch on the pontoon.

I frown and glare at him. Damn, someone is mad. I don't even know what he is talking about, bewitching Neteyam? What the hell is going on. I am about to retort as Lo'ak suddenly falls in the water as if he got push.

"Shut up lightbulb." A female familiar voice echoes.

I suddenly see Kirri, I stifle a laugh as Tuk starts to giggle as she sees her brother falling in the water. Lo'ak gets back at the surface and I turn to Kirri.

"What is he talking about?

- Don't worry about it." She says as she looks at her brother wiping his face.

She helps him to get back on the pontoon as she asks him to keep his mouth shut. I love this family, they never get bored. I turn back to Tuk who stands up on the pontoon.

"I'll go, see you soon Rhea!

- Bye." I say as I wave at her.

She leaves and goes back to the hut, and after a short moment I see Neteyam arriving. He smiles at me before calling Flowy.

"Sorry, did you wait for long?

- No, no. Don't worry." I answer him.

Well yes, it's true. I have been waiting for like ten minutes. But I was talking with Tuk so it went by quickly. Plus, it's Neteyam. I can't be mad at him because he was a little bit late. He gets on Flowy and settles the bond with her. I turn around and meet his gaze.

"Ready?" I ask.

He smiles, I could tell he was still curious about where we were going. But he needed to trust me.

"Yes." He says.

We start leaving the village, swimming next to each other. I couldn't stop thinking of what Lo'ak told me before Kirri pushed him in the water. He said I was bewitching Neteyam and I really don't really know what he is talking about. I mean I know, but I just don't get it. Is Neteyam talking about me to his family? Is he talking about as more than a friend?

"Where are we going? He asks.

- Somewhere." I say with a smile.

I didn't want him to know it right now. He will just find out when we will arrive there. He turns to me and I meet his gaze. His yellow eyes were shining under the moonlight. It's so beautiful. He is beautiful and unreal. And I couldn't stop thinking of what happened yesterday night, his face so close to mine. His breath running on my cheek and his hand on my face.