05.

"I would like to thank you one last time for what you have done yesterday. I do not know what would have happened to Tuk if you weren't there." She says as we start getting ready to swim.

I turn to her and meet her gaze, I realize that she probably is my age but her face looks so much more older. It gives her a mature air.

"Of course, don't thank me." I say with a smile.

I start entering the water, it was clear and I could already see very tiny fishes in the sea. I look around and see everybody starting to get in the water, but Kirri seems hesitant. I offer her my hand, she looks at it.

"Come! Don't be scared.

- I was wondering, does it suddenly go down?

- Yes, but a bit further. You won't fall here. Follow me." I say.

She finally takes my hand and enter the water, I could tell she was quite anxious, but I know she will end up liking swimming. Everybody does. She takes water in her hand and dips her neck.

"You can have thermic shock? I ask curiously, although I already know it.

- Yes, you don't?" She asks back.

I nod my head negatively. We are like fishes, so we are safe from these kind of things. I turn around and see that Tuk already seems comfortable in the water, Rotxo was teaching her how to swim faster in the water by coordinating her arms and feet.

Lo'ak was slowly getting comfortable, and also discreetly flirting with Tsireya. And Neteyam is already quite comfortable, Aonung is not bullying him so I am relieved, but I still should keep an eye on them. Me and Kirri decide to go a bit further, the water is now beneath our shoulder.

"I guess they taught you how to breathe?

- Yes, I guess. I still have to work on it." She says.

I smile to try to reassure her, I really had to make her feel comfortable because if she doesn't, it'll be a bit more difficult to make her swim underwater.

"Okay, it's very simple, you just have to draw big circles with your hands and feet, like you are pushing yourself in the water. Like a frog." I try to explain to her by mimicking the moves.

She nods and try to mimick the moves too, I giggle and show her my thumbs up.

"Okay, do it, I am watching you." I say.

She nods and dive into the water, I swim under the water too and observe her swimming. And she got it right. It was surprising because most of the people couldn't swim like this for the first time. She just needed to put more strength in her arms and feet to be faster and to swim further.

After swimming on a few meters, she goes back to the surface, so do I. She searches for me around her as I make big moves with my arms for her to notice me, and she does.

"It was good! You got this! Just put more strength in your arms and feet and it'll be perfect." I smile at her.

She raises her eyebrows in shock and I guess that she was not expecting it to be good for the first time, but it did.

"Really? She asks again to make sure.

- Yes, really." I answer her with a wink.

She smiles, she seemed proud of her and now more comfortable under water. You always feel less anxious when you succeed, and I bet she will swim like us is less than two months. I turn around and see the others still trying to learn the moves to swim and to coordinate their arms and feet together. I turn back to Kirri.