55.

neteyam's pov::

I don't think I have been so heartbroken before. Seeing Rhea giving up on me, on us, to save my life was horrible to watch. I honestly would have take that dagger and simply kill myself before Rhea could even open her mouth to agree with mating with Aonung. I can't stand seeing her with someone else. When she put that bow down, when I heard her agreeing with that deal, the only thing I wanted to do was to shake her between my hands and tell her to uncheck that goddamn arrow.

And all day after what happened, I felt so guilty. I kept telling me all of this was my fault. If I kept my distance with Rhea since the beginning, none of this would have happened. Her mom died because of me. And I can't deny it. I feel so damn guilty. We both knew that what we were doing was wrong and a mistake, but we broke our rules for each other.

When I saw her being dragged by the warriors to Tonowari's hut, my heart broke. I immediately knew. And I also knew that this wont end up well. And I was right.

But now, now Rhea is with me. She made her choice. And she chose to come with us, to discover her roots. To take the same path as her father's and I feel so happy. So relieved. I don't know how we will find a way to fight the sky people but I know Rhea is a very wise person, she will find a way because she is probably the smartest girl I have ever met. She is magnificent.

I could feel her warm hands caressing my abs as her head was laying against my back, she was probably observing the beautiful clouds we were flying above. I could feel her breath caressing my skin and I don't know how I am managing to keep focus. I wouldn't be surprise if I glide because she is distracting me.

I tried to tell her about the Avatars and the war as much as I could. She knows about Quaritch and the other Avatars, she knows about Spider being somewhat Quaritch's son and that he is now being held hostage by the sky people. I just hope he is doing well. I also told her about Tarsem and how the Clan is quite unstable since he took the head of the tribe. People think he will never be a better Olo'eyktan than my father. And I have to admit it, I think so.

I mean, my father was Toruk Makto and he lead the clans to victory like my mother would say. He didn't succeed to really win that war, but I know we will this time. Because we have Rhea. And she is very wise, strong and smart.

I know Tarsem will end up having a wife and therefore kids so Rhea will never be able to be Olo'eyktan, but she'll still be a perfect heir and collaborator. I trust her with my life, I'd kill for her, I'd bend the knee to her. I'd give my life for her.

I am also happy Tsireya is coming with us. She is probably Lo'ak's dearest friend and girlfriend now I guess. And if Lo'ak is happy, then I am happy. And I can't help but smile every time I remember Tuk's smile when she saw Rhea coming with us. They love each other so much. Kirri is also happy, she'll be less alone since Spider is being held in hostage.

Rhea is now able to start a new life. To do things better, to be wiser, smarter and stronger. Everybody will love her. They will love her like I do.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

My head was laying against Neteyam's shoulder as I was observing the clouds and the sky. The sun was slowly rising and I realize we have been flying all night. We shouldn't be too far away from the forest. I am so excited. So excited to discover a new world, new landscapes, new people and creatures. I just know the forest is as beautiful as the isles. And I am so glad I will be discovering this new world for the first time with Neteyam.

I watch the sun rising, the orange light kissing my face. I close my eyes and take a deep breath enjoying the feeling. Everything felt so peaceful. I felt so peaceful. I took my revenge, I should be sad I killed Aonung, but I don't. I am relieved. And I know this murder I committed won't be a burden to carry. They reap what they sow. A life for a life.