65.

I woke up quite early this morning to get ready. Tarsem cooked breakfast for me. I am getting my Ikran today and I am so damn anxious. I can not keep telling myself I will end up dead, murdered by this creature. But Tarsem reassured me, telling me it was going to be fine. And I find it hard to believe it.

"Are you sure it is not going to kill me?" I ask again.

And I think it is the sixth time I am asking this to Tarsem, and I bet he is probably sick of me asking the same damn question every minute. Tarsem sighs as he turns to me with an eye roll.

"Yes. And even if it turns out badly, you will have Jake with you and some other warriors." He answers.

Okay. I trust Jake. It is going to be fine. I just need to stay positive. I should just chase away all of these negatives thoughts and focus on the good. I simply nod my head positively before sighing and taking one last sip of my smoothie.

"Alright, you're ready? Tarsem asks.

- Yeah, I am." I answer as I stand up.

I walk over my bow and take it with some arrows before taking my dagger and putting it away in my weapon-holder on my thigh. I turn to Tarsem, he smiles at me before sliding his hand on my shoulder in a reassuring way.

"You'll be fine. You can do it.

- Thank you." I answer him.

I smile and start walking away since Jake is probably waiting for me. I cross the village before seeing a few warriors with Jake and Neteyam. Oh. Neteyam? He is coming or did he just come to wish me luck? I hope he is coming with us because I feel like it is going to help me a lot if he is here. I also need his support.

"Hello." I smile at the warriors and Jake.

I turn to Neteyam with a frown, he grins at me and I speak up with a head tilt.

"You're coming too?

- Of course I am. I can not miss this." He says.

I chuckle and we all start walking and climbing to the hallelujah mountains. And after a few long minutes, we arrived. I sigh, already breathless from climbing all this, but I catch my breath easily and quickly. We were near a waterfall on a cliff. I turn to my left and see a little passage. A very tiny passage. I turn to Neteyam before nodding at the cliff.

"Yeah, it's here. Go ahead." He says supportive.

I take a deep breath before pressing my lips together in a nervous way. I simply nod positively and start turning back to the tiny passage. Okay. This is going to be just fine. I will cross this cliff, hoping I won't fall and die, and everything will be fine after that passage. Well, no, not really because I will have to fight an Ikran, but still. Everything will be okay.

I am about to walk when I feel a hand touching my wrist, preventing me from leaving. I rotate around in surprise before meeting Jake's gaze. I look up at him.

"We are just behind you. Everything will be alright." He says.

I smile at him before nodding positively. He hands me a rope to close the Ikran's beak so it wont be too hard to neutralize. And that is the part that is slowly scaring me, having to close that creature's beak. It literally could bite my hand. And I am redesigning all of my life's decisions. Maybe I should've never come here and fight a fucking Ikran that is twice my height. Maybe I should've mate with Aonung.

And I know that if Neteyam found out I have been redesigning this life decision, he would probably fuck me up. But I know deep down I would never turn back to this, coming to the forest is the best decision I have ever made, even if I have to fight a taller and stronger creature than me. I lick my lips nervously before starting to leave. I cross the little cliff.