07.

I was sitting on a root, looking down at the water, observing the tiny fishes passing by. It was night and the only source of light was the moon, the stars and the fireflies floating above my head. I like it when I am alone like this, it is always so peaceful, but I also know that most of these moments are often interrupted. My mother's friends liked what I cooked, that's what my mother said to me after dinner tonight. And after that I came here to relax myself a little bit.

But as I said earlier, these peaceful moments are very often interrupted. I hear footsteps coming from behind me, I turn around and see Neteyam. I don't say anything and simply turn back to the water.

"I knew I would find you here." He says.

He steps on the opposite roots and sits on it, in front of me. He looks down the water, noticing the fishes swimming underwater. I look up at him.

"I am going to start thinking you are spying on me." I answer nonchalantly.

He looks up with a smirk on his lips. I just know that back in the forest, where he comes from, he was obviously making girls fall for him so easily. It's obvious that some girls here already find him attractive.

"Maybe I am." He says.

I stifle a laugh, not believing him. I would have noticed it if he was really spying on me. And he is a very bad liar, so I know he is not telling the truth.

"I am joking." He finally says.

I look down at the water with a smirk before answering him.

"I know you are joking." I whisper but loud enough for him to hear me.

I can feel his gaze on me. Silence reign for a few moments, and I don't know if it is awkward or not. I guess not.

"You know... I actually wanted you to be my partner." He suddenly says.

I raise my eyebrows and look up at him as my eyes widens. Well, I wanted him to be my partner too, but I ended up with Kirri, I am not complaining though. But I did not want him to be my partner to be with him, I wanted him to come with me so we can avoid any provocation from Aonung.

"Did you?

- Yes, because I knew that if Aonung would come with me, he wouldn't stop bothering me." He says, complaining.

I guess that swimming lesson this morning was not a part of pleasure for Neteyam. He still seems annoyed by it.

"'Hey freak, your feet must coordinate with your arms', 'Not like this idiot'" He tries to imitate Aonung's voice.

And I can't help but laugh, Neteyam glares at me seeing the situation was amusing me but I couldn't control it, it's the way he imitates Aonung.

"You are laughing? You tryna laugh?" He asks as he raises his eyebrows.

I hide my smile as I wave off at him and speak up.

"No, no... I mean yes... Sorry." I say trying to focus again.

He stays still for a moment before finally stifling a laugh, finding his impression of Aonung quite funny too. And him stupidly laughing about his own imitation is quite cute. I look at him and notices that the water is reflecting on his face, making his yellow eyes shine more.

"Is he your boyfriend?" He suddenly asks.

I widen my eyes in surprise. I almost gasp. He looks up at me and meets my gaze. Well, it is not the first time someone asks me if me and Aonung are dating, but I am still surprised. I stutter for a few seconds before finally making a whole sentence without stuttering.