04.

I am awakened by noises coming from outside. I open my eyes and sighs as I get up. I did not really sleep well tonight, and I do not even know why. I just could not close my eyes and simply peacefully sleep. So I am quite tired this morning. I leave my hut and arrive on the bridge where I see Emey waiting for me in the water. I stifle a laugh before plunging my feet in the water. I walk over my Ilu and pet her.

"Good morning love, tried to wake me up I see?" I say with a smile.

I suddenly hear my mom calling me from the house. I roll my eyes and turn to her.

"Breakfast! She yells.

- I know... I am coming." I yell back.

I turn to Emey and sigh before whispering a few words.

"I am coming back in five minutes. Wait for me here." I say.

I get back on the wooden bridge and enter the house where my mother had prepared breakfast. I always like it a lot when she prepares breakfast for me. I could cook fish with spices, it'll never taste as good as my mother's. I sit at the table.

"I cooked you some fresh salmon and made you juice!" She says.

I smile and thank her before observing the purple fruit juice filled in the coconut. God I am so lucky today. It is not always that my mother makes breakfast for me, only like once a month when she is not out with her friends in the morning when I wake up.

"Thank you so much mom." I smile at her.

I take a bite of the salmon. I love fish when they are swimming in the water but I also love them when they're in my stomach. I take a sip of the juice and all this sugar feels so good. My mother suddenly grabs my chin and tries to make me open my mouth.

"Let me see your teeth." She says.

I hate how she can be so unpredictable. We can talk about fish and the second after she'll ask me to get naked. And now she asks me to show her my teeth, and I know damn well why.

"Mom! I grumble.

- What? She scolds as her accent can slightly be heard, and this always kind of makes me laugh. I think it is cute.

- You know I don't like showing my teeth." I say.

And it was true. When I smile, I do it without showing my teeth, and when I smile with my teeth, I always make sure to not make it too wide.

"No, you just don't like having your father's features." She says as she sighs and finally leaves my chin alone.

Yes, also. But it is not the only reason. I ignore the conversation we just had and keep on eating. When I finish my salmon and juice I stand up and kiss my mother's cheek.

"I'll be there before dinner.

- Okay honey, be careful." She says.

I nod and take my bow and arrows before leaving the hut. I walk back to Emey and get in the water before making my bond with her. I get on her back and we start leaving together. I bump into Tsireya and Aonung, I smile at them and approach them. They were on their Ilus too.

"Where are you guys going? Where's Rotxo? I ask.

- On the east of the beach, Rotxo is joining us there. Teaching the Sully how to swim today." Aonung answers.

Tsireya smiles at me and I already know she is going to beg me to go with them.

"Come with us! It'll be fun. Plus, maybe you'll be able to talk with the older one." She says with a wink.