16.

Our campfire with Neteyam was tonight and I was so anxious. I decided I would simply put more jewelry with another shell top I am not always wearing. I was in my hut trying to get ready but everytime I was putting on a jewelry I felt like I was doing too much. I kept telling myself this was a very bad idea. I put on my shell top, it was pretty I guess, I don't know actually.

I don't even know why I was getting ready like this, it's not even a date. I am definitely doing too much but whatever. I put on a simple necklace made with an Ilu's tooth before suddenly hearing someone knocking on the wall of the hut. I turn around and see Neteyam. He smiles, and I smile back.

"I hope I am not coming too early.

- No, I just finished getting ready." I answer him.

He simply nods. I could tell he was the same, but different. I don't know how to describe it. He analyzes me from up and down and I can't tell if he likes what he sees or not. Maybe he thinks I did too much. Fuck I knew it. He grins and speaks up.

"This is the proof that when I called you beautiful, I meant it." He whispers.

I chuckle before looking down at my outfit. Well it was not as different as usual, but still quite different.

"Really? I thought I did too much.

- No, it's perfect. You're perfect." He says with a reassuring smile.

I simply nod and bite my inner cheek, I step out of my hut and I finally notice he was hiding something behind his back. I frown and get on the tip of my toes to try to see what was behind him but he steps back.

"What are you hiding? I ask confused.

- I brought you something." He says as he looks down at me.

I squint my eyes and tilt my head to the side. I was curious. He finally shows me what he was hiding and I suddenly see an orange flower, it was beautiful he looks at my hair and speaks up.

"May I?" He asks.

I love how he always asks for my permission before touching me. I smile at him and answer him in a whisper as I look up at him.

"You may."

He chuckles before approaching me. I feel his fingers touching my braids before he tries to stuck the beautiful orange flower between my braids.

"You know, you don't need to ask to touch me." I say with a giggle.

He raises his eyebrows and grins before answering me in a whisper as he inks his gaze in mine.

"Really? Well then you can touch me whenever, however and wherever you want without asking me too." He says.

I laugh before he finally succeeds to put the flower in my braids. I smile before resting my hand on my hips and tilting my head to the side.

"How do I look?" I ask now that I have the flower in my hair.

Neteyam laughs. He admires me for a few moments. And it felt like he never saw a woman before, I could read it in his eyes. He looked at me like I was the only female in the world and I felt kind of special.

"You look as beautiful as before." He says with a grin.

I thank him before we finally decide to leave to the beach where Neteyam has already prepared a spot. It was now dark and there wasn't a lot of light. Only the moon, the stars, the firefly and the leafs were illuminating the island. Neteyam turns to me and speaks up.

"I was wondering, how do you sign 'Ilu'?" He asks.

I turn to him and meet his gaze, he actually looked interested into our sign language we use under water. I smile and show him with my hands, he repeats it.