CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

With a promise to check up on me later, Darelle finally leaves my apartment around noon

With a promise to check up on me later, Darelle finally leaves my apartment around noon. Later that night, he keeps true to his word. I'm only used to Kira checking up on me that the mere thought that I'm important enough to cross Darelle's mind is invigorating if anything.

Today though I'm having lunch with my not so dead best friend. I did think about killing her but then remembered where would I get my wine from if she's dead? Cruel. Am I right?

"So what happened yesterday after I left?" Kira's enthusiastic voice sounds from across the table. "Did you kiss? Maybe do the deed?" She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively. "If you did, I swear on Roach's bald head I won't tell a soul."

I chuckle. "Geez calm down cupid. My house is not a BnB" I rush to explain when her forehead wrinkles in confusion. "Bring and Bang."

She points a fry at me. "I bet you wish it was."

"It's not like I'm the only one lacking a sex life at the moment." I comment accusingly.

"Says the one who can't handle sex with no strings." Brutal but also right. I tried that once and I almost ended up in therapy. Sex with no strings should come with a big billboard next to it; DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. You know, for people like us. Her on the other hand, she turned off her feelings five years ago and the switch still remains unflipped.

"Do you ever-" As if she knows what I'm gonna ask next, she quickly changes the subject. "Guess who I met yesterday?"

"Tom Ellis? Joseph Morgan? Ian Somerhalder? My God, the possibilities are endless."

She shakes her head slowly. "I wish, but I'm talking about Madison. Darelle's Madison." She didn't need to add the last part.

"Well that must have been fun." I say sarcastically.

Kira rolls her eyes. "It was anything but. Considering we met at the grocery store and the first thing she said when she saw me was, You're that Korean girl from the gala. God knows I had no intention of speaking to her or anybody else for that matter."

I sit up straight because the tea is about to get hot. "Tell me more."

"She then went ahead to insult you and I quote, tell your whore of a friend to stay away from my man or else she'll wish she'd died along with her mom."

I laugh softly because I've encountered worse insults and ridicules when it comes to my mom's death. School wasn't easy after her death. Nothing fazes me anymore. "Tell me you smacked her seven ways to Sunday."

She jumps up in her chair. "Even better. I poured a can of chili sauce on her platinum blonde hair." From her excitement, I can tell that's not all she did. "What else did you do?"

"I told her better a dead mom than one who left because the dad had a low libido." She says, proudly.

My eyes widen. "No you did not!"