CHAPTER FORTY THREE.

"Aaah mon amour" I breath in, alighting the last air stair

"Aaah mon amour" I breath in, alighting the last air stair. I should've worn a bigger coat because the one I've worn doesn't stand a chance against the France drizzling weather

"I'm right behind you babe." Darelle reminds.

"No not you dumbass." I mock.

He faux gasps, "You wound me Mon amour."

It is currently Monday 2pm; France time. The nine-hour flight was nothing short of excellent. I love flying first class.

"I mean you're my love but at the moment Paris is my love."

He comes up beside me "What? Paris?"

"It's Pa-ree babe not Paris." I correct. "Say it with me."

"Pa-ree"

"Pa-ree." He parrots.

"Nice. Now you're getting it."

He laughs, pulling me close to his side "Glad I could help."

After picking up our luggage (which Darelle insists on carrying alone) we find our ride. I incline my head on the car window, reveling in the beauty of Paris. Even in the rain, it is not any less ravishing.

"You never look at me like that." Darelle comments, next to me.

I volte face him "You're not jealous are you?"

"You're the one who said and I quote "At the moment Paris is my love.""

"Yes and you'll go back to being my love soon."

"Soon? Wow my girlfriend just sidelined me."

I smile, "Don't be a big baby. Paris doesn't get the action in bed. You do."

"That makes me feel better."

"It does?"

"No."

The car slows down in front of a historic hotel mansion. Some could even call it a palace. The intricate masonry of the hotel is particularly impeccable.

A bellhop approaches to help us with our luggage. We pass by a quintessential, furnished lawn and garden. I'm tempted to assume this is the greener side they always talk about. Inside, it is a grandeur of an empire style décor. My black trainers softly clang on the refurbished marble floors.

After checking in at the reception and getting our suite key, the bellhop guides us to the elevator. High ceilings, seville chandeliers and ornate monograms bedeck the hotel. To add to the sophistication, the elevator only holds the three of us.

"I'm finding it hard not to be jealous you know." Darelle quips.

I snuggle his arm "Babe take my admiration as a good sign. You chose well."

"You or the hotel?"

"Both." I reply just as the elevator comes to a halt. "I only love the former." He states, cool as a cucumber. My heart almost bursts with joy and love. I can't put in words how happy this man makes me.