CHAPTER FORTY ONE

"You can’t catch this apple in your mouth

"You can’t catch this apple in your mouth.” Zuri challenges.

“You wanna bet?”

“Yes. You give me a hundred bucks if you lose” she counters.

“And if I win?” I ask, sauntering towards where she is standing by the kitchen counter. I said I’m good at catching things with my mouth and now she’s determined to prove me wrong.

“I give you a hundred bucks.” She replies, our bodies now only an inch apart.

I tip my head in thought, “I think I have something better in mind.” My right palm languidly skates her cheek.

A shudder rushes through her “What?”

I cradle her neck “You. If I win I get you Zuri. On the piano no less.” She swallows deeply, probably reading the innuendo in my eyes.

Determination returns to her face “You’re on Larue”

“Hit me Bakari” I take a few steps back.  Zuri lifts her hand to throw the apple. “Here goes nothing” she whispers before throwing the apple right into my mouth that it almost looks intentional.

I stroll back to where she is “You were saying?”

“Uh-”

I bite a piece out of the apple. “Hm? I’ll give you a head start. One, two, three…” she’s already barreling for the sitting room.

My feet lackadaisically find their way to the sitting room. Only to find her not hidden at all. She sits upright on the piano bench, her hands folded on her knees.

“Whatever happened to hiding?”

She climbs to her feet “Maybe I didn’t want to hide.” We’re now a breath apart.

Without further ado, my lips find her warmth mouth, coaxing her into a sensual kiss. She tips her mouth up to me for more. She sighs into my mouth as our tongues meet in a battle for dominance. My apple taste and her red wine taste meet in a sweet sensation.

My fingers curl under her locs as I gently lower us onto the bench. I flip her such that she’s now straddling my hips. Our lips only part when I strip her off her tank top and she does the same to my button up.

With her still in her bra and shorts, I shift her to the top of the piano just like I’d promised. My knees part around her lower body. I find the button and zipper of her jean shorts and undress her.

She flashes me a grin “How does it feel to win?”

“Ask me that in a few minutes” I answer. My fingertips graze the stretch of her body, my eyes tracing each path my fingers skim. She is truly a beauty. One I will always marvel in.

Zuri drags me up the length of her body. Our skin feels hot against each other. I brush hot kisses around her mouth and temple while my hands trail behind her back to unclutch her bra. She works her hips against mine, an action that prompts me to straighten and strip down my trousers and boxers. I do the same to her panties.