CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Why are you dressed like that?" I ask Kira as she joins me in the dark alley

"Like what?" She whisper shouts into the cold night air.

"Like you're about to star in a spy movie" I whisper back. She is dressed in black trousers, a black hoodie and black boots, she even topped the outfit with black gloves. She looks like a ninja.

"The real question is why aren't you dressed like this?" She shoves a pair of gloves into my hands. "We can't have you leaving your fingerprints all over." Fair enough.

You're probably wondering how we got here. It's simple really; promise a man free entry into your vagina and he'll go spilling all his secrets to you. Lucky for me, Seaman blacked out before I dropped the first cloth but also soon after he gave me the combination to the safe in Roach's office.

After making sure the streets are clear of any witnesses, I yank Kira into the precinct. "If we get out of this alive, Darelle is so never hearing the end of this." She states.

"Well, let's hope the phone is truly in Roach's safe or this night would've been a colossal waste of good sleep."

I made sure to look through the list of the officers who'll be on shift tonight. I'll have to do something about the CCTVs though.

We act natural as we walk in. We work here after all. If someone asks we'll just say we came to pick up something. But with the way Kira is dressed, I'm starting to wonder if anyone will believe us. We stout-heartedly trudge through the precinct, nodding and smiling past the night shift officers

In the IT room, I quickly log into the surveillance computers. I set the system to disarmed to disable motion detection. I break the camera and destroy the NVR. I only do this to the cameras in the hallway that leads to Roach's office and those inside his office.

"It's done. Let's go."

"You know what Roach will do to us if he finds out?"

"It's a good thing our fathers are rich bastards." I quip. Kira lets out a giggle. I slap her to tone it down.

We ninja our way through the pitch black hallway to Roach's office. I should've taken those ballet classes because my toes hurt as we tiptoe. I breathe a sigh of relief when the door unlocks.

"Go go go." Kira whisper shouts as we scramble through the door. Once we're inside I head straight for the safe by Roach's desk and start punching in the combination.

"Hurry up." Kira says in a hushed tone, rocking impatiently behind me.

"Calm your tits woman. You got a hot date to fuck tonight or what?"

Silence.

More silence.

I turn around on my squatted position to find my sneaky best friend toying with the paper punch on Roach's table.