CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

I had a shitty night

I had a shitty night. Turns out a fractured shoulder comes with complications. It was quite hard to find a painless sleeping position.

After we found the hard drive and phone missing, Darelle said he needed to take care of some things so he left but said he'd be back today. Speaking of, I need to get a phone.

I also have to ask Kira if she lost my key because I'm damn sure my best friend wouldn't betray me for anything. After I get a new phone, I'll call Marta and Cheyanne. I have to find the traitor soon.

Showering takes longer than normal. When I see Crapper's face I'll decorate it with my fist. That is if my dad hasn't figured out he is also involved in this fiasco.

After eating, I mentally go through the plans for today. Buy a new phone, look into the apartment CCTVs, find my car and replace its key, find the traitor. Damn and all that with one hand? Kill me right now.

Thirty or so minutes later, I'm ready to head out. "Miss Keilee there's someone here for you" a male voice comes from the buzzer.

"Where's Cheyanne?" I ask

"Oh you didn't know? She's on leave ma'am" What?

"Since when?"

"Today. I was just brought in as her replacement" That's suspicious.

"Um okay. Who's there for me?"

"He won't say his name but he's requested you meet him downstairs" He? There's only one he that visits me. Or the he could be a kidnapper. Good thing I can fight.

Once I get to the lobby, I greet the new concierge who tells me his name is Vladimir. Yeah I also asked him that question you're thinking. He points behind me where I see Darelle standing with his hands tucked in his grey joggers looking like a ten minus nothing.

"Hey" I beam.

His lips quirk up "Hey. How do you feel?"

"Like I'm in Spain but without the S"

"You'll live" he mutters.

"Cocky. Anyway why didn't you wanna come up. You know according to the doctor I shouldn't be seen"

He starts walking towards the parking. "I don't remember her giving such instructions"

I quickly follow him "Well your ears must've been blocked when you stopped showering"

He lets out a throaty laugh and I think that's the best sound I've had today or ever. He suddenly comes to a stop staring at something ahead. I take in the sight that he's fixedly staring at and my jaw drops. Oh my God, my car is here. My Aston Martin. My baby is here.

"How did you?" I question, frozen to the spot.

"I had a tow truck pick it up, got your key replaced and programmed. Here" He waves the single key in front of my face.