CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT🔞                            

I arrive home exhausted. If home is what I can still call this hell hole.

Plopping onto my bed, I decide to take a nap which doesn’t even last a second before the devil incarnate barges into my room.

“Where were you!?” she shouts. I think I might need to book myself an ENT appointment soon.

I get up from the bed to find her standing next to my wide open door. “I want to take a nap right now Madison. Can we talk about that later?”

“No” is her stern reply.

I heave a sigh of exasperation “I went to see Jake. Happy? Now can I go back to sleep?” Jake is my agent who I didn’t go to see but she doesn’t need to know that.

“You’re lying”

If I think of the lies I’ve told in my twenty fifth year on earth, they’d vanquish the oceans. Poseidon would be jealous.

“Then I don’t know what you want me to tell you Maddie” I rest my elbows on my thighs.

Her green eyes turn sharp in rage. I can’t remember the last time we talked like a normal couple or better yet smiled at each other.

The girl who I once thought was the center of my universe transformed into someone else entirely. Just because I turned down her proposal. Strangers doesn’t even qualify to name what we are right now.

“The truth for a start. Remember I still have the upper hand here” She says smugly.

“The truth is I went to meet Jake to talk about a company that’s looking to make me their brand ambassador and I came home to take a nap. Instead I get a crazy, nagging girlfriend

She gives me a lethal stink eye, walking closer to my bed “Aaah sass. Get that from spending a lot of time with that Keilee bitch”

“Don’t you dare talk about her” I warn.

“Or else what?” she challenges “hm? What are you gonna do? Hit me? You and I both know you’d never lay a hand on me. Your family’s life is in my hands.”

I would never hit her, not in a million years not only for my family but also because I know better than to hit a woman. I will never stoop that low. I can never be like my father.

“Oh do you think her mafia dad will help you? You and I both know he’d never ruin his relationship with my dad because of you. In the grand scheme of things, he’d pick his mafia life over his daughter. He did it once what’s to say he won’t do it again? I think to hide his transgressions he definitely would”

Looks like she did her research. Or Crapper filled her in.

Nevertheless, her words are like a blow to my heart, exploding it into smithereens. They tear me from flesh to flesh, fiber to fiber. Leaving trails of agony in their wake.