CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE.

"I could live in there forever” Arielle says, closing the library door. After lunch, Arielle gave herself a house tour but now they have to leave.

“I mean I wouldn’t mind. I also feel like living in there. Fiction world is so much better than real world”

“But I’m in the real world” Darelle complains.

“Don’t be sad D. You’ll always be my number two”

Olivia lets out a small laugh “Okay kids we’ll leave you two to it”

She hugs me “Your home is lovely. Thank you for taking care of my son and giving him a home”

“To be honest he wanted to move out but I said no”

Olivia draws away, a miniscule smile on her face “He wouldn’t want it any other way” she winks at me before pulling Darelle into her arms.

After saying our goodbyes, we move back to the couch. “Any progress in finding a therapist?”

“I’ve narrowed down to three. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and hopefully pick the best one”

“Okay” I say as a text chimes on my phone.

I’ve found Cheyanne. My father’s text reads.

Keep her alive. I’m on my way. I reply

“You sure you’re not really cut out for the mafia life? Because that reply suggests otherwise” Darelle opinionates, his eyes on my phone.

“Oh hell nah. Plus, something tells me he’s had her for a while”

“Well then let’s go before you end up talking to a corpse”

My dad’s mansion is surrounded by his men as usual. Sometimes it really amazes me how I turned out to be normal despite the environment I grew up in. Meeting men with guns in the hallways when I just wanted to enjoy a normal childhood is not something I’d want my children to be subjected to.

When the two familiar men guarding the door see me, they don’t hesitate moving out of the way for us. “Welcome miss” The one I know as Pedro says.

“Thank you”

“Keilee” My father acknowledges when we step into his living room. Most of the times I see him he’s always clad in a suit or something formal but today he’s in sweatpants and a simple t-shirt.

“Dad” I say, giving him a side hug.

“And Darelle”

“In the flesh” Darelle shakes my dad’s hand.

“How was the date?” he inquires.

“Better than I imagined”

“So I’ve seen” Looks like my dad’s social media life is more active than mine.

Immediately we take our seats, the doorbell rings. “Were you expecting someone?” I ask him.

“No”

Seconds later Crapper walks in, a guard hot on his trail. “Sorry sir he insisted”

“It’s okay Pedro you can go back to your work station” my dad dismisses him, walking up to the fuming Crapper.

“To what do I owe this ambush Martin? Is city hall flooded? If yes I’m sorry to disappoint but I don’t house a fire department in my home”

“How could you do this when you know the midterms are on Tuesday. The governor is on my ass Ethan” Crapper seethes.