CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

I lightly thump on the new chief of police's door- which is really just Roach's old office

I lightly thump on the new chief of police's door- which is really just Roach's old office. "It's open" comes a manly voice from the inside.

I'm the first to step in whilst Darelle follows. A man in mid- forties sits on what used to be Roach's chair, lowly tapping the keys on his laptop. The desk name tag reads STEVEN ADEBAYO. Looking around the room, nothing much has changed well except for Roach's stupid picture frame.

"Keilee. I've heard so much about you. Please have a seat" his slight Nigerian accent rolls off his tongue. He stretches his hand for a shake.

"All good I hope" I settle on one of the visitor seats and Darelle takes the other.

"More than good. That was so brave of you. Keep up with that spirit. Never let anyone walk over you regardless of their status or position" he advises.

After spending the whole of yesterday at home to avoid the paparazzi, we decided or rather Darelle decided we should file a report today so here we are.

He lost another brand yesterday so we needed to act fast. Cushion the blow before he remains career less.

"Thank you Chief"

"So what brings you to my office today?" he asks, his eyes advance from me to Darelle. I signal Darelle to explain since it's his war to fight and win. I'm merely just a support system for him. A role I'm totally content with.

"Hi. I'm Darelle Larue. I'm sure you've heard of me from the videos making rounds on the internet. Some might say I've now become twice the celebrity I was before" he attempts to joke.

A faint smile shapes on Steven's lips "Oh yeah I've heard. The lady accusing you hasn't filed any report I'm starting to think she was lying"

Or she just doesn't have any evidence to implicate Darelle so she's stalling.

"That's why we're here. Things aren't as they seem. In fact, everything she said is opposite of what happened" Darelle explains. Steven nods his head in understanding. "I think it'll be best if you see and hear for yourself" Darelle slides him the flash drive.

Steve plugs it into his laptop and the events of Darelle's confrontation with the devil's daughter starts playing.

When the recording ends, we fill him in on everything else. Except for the part where we had my dad threaten the mayor to stay out of it. He's still new, I can't be sure whose side he's on or if he's met my father yet.

Steven sighs disappointedly "How humanity has become a joke" Touché "From what I've heard and seen this is reason enough to arrest her. I don't think there's any need for an investigation but for the sake of formalities, I'll hand this to one of the domestic violence detectives and see what he comes up with"

"We really appreciate your help sir"

"That's what I get paid for and I refuse to fall prey to my predecessor's vices. I promise you by the end of today we will have Madison Crapper in our custody whether the mayor approves or not" he assures us.