CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE

"I’m gonna miss these baguettes

"I’m gonna miss these baguettes.” I say with a full mouth.

“Only that?” Darelle asks, sliding our suitcases into the living area.

I jump down from the kitchen stool “I could go on. Can’t we just live here forever?” I whine.

Darelle smooths my cheek “Zuri I’d love to but we have to get back to our lives. You have a company to launch and I have a trial to appear to.”

Right, his case. We agreed to not talk about it during our stay here and the fact that it’s only one week away terrifies me. Before we left, his lawyer told him it was set for two weeks from then. Quite soon but they said it’s considered a high profile case since Crapper is somewhat involved in it. Crapper who somehow managed to keep his mayoral position.

“Right.”

Darelle paws my neck “Baby. We’ll come back but first we need to deal with our shit and then we can go anywhere in the world.”

“Anywhere?”

He kisses my forehead “Anywhere.”

“Even Seychelles?

He nods “Especially Seychelles.”

He goes back to the bedroom to bring the rest of the luggage. We bought a new suitcase for Kira’s, Arielle’s and Olivia’s souvenirs. Kira got the most, only because she kept reminding me every day and I love her too much to deny her anything.

“The bell hop will be here any moment now.” Darelle words.

“Just a minute.” I say rushing to our bedroom. I reel in the Eiffel tower for one last time. “Au revoir ma Cherie.”

“Zuri.” Darelle calls, impatient. I rush back to find the bellhop already stacking our bags. “It’s not like I’d gone to hide in the bathroom or anything.”

“Should I be worried that I’m standing next to your ghost?”

I step behind him, grabbing his ass “Would a ghost be able to do this?”

Darelle walks to the bellhop who’s now finished stacking our luggage “Just take them down. We’ll be there in a minute.” And then turns back to me, “Now to christen the suite one last time.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I palm my face when I see who’s standing next to a Mc Laren suv holding up a paper written MR AND MRS LARUE.

“Aaaah” Kira screams pulling us into a group hug “It was only one week Kira.” I pat her back while Darelle stands as stiff as a board.

“One week without my favorite couple felt like a year.” She complains. “Also,” she throws her hands around “This hug never happened.”

“Yes ma’am” I reply “Why are you picking us up by the way?”

She helps us stuff our luggage in the trunk “I wanted to surprise you.”