CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

“Why are you up so early?” I ask, rubbing my eyes

“Why are you up so early?” I ask, rubbing my eyes. Darelle stands by the night stand, strapping his watch on. Already clad in grey sweat pants and a black t-shirt.

I check the time on my phone, – ignoring Kira’s texts which are just really about her being happy that me and Darelle are now dating- it reads 9:00 am.

“I have two shoots today remember? You promised to accompany me so come on” he pulls the comforters off me.

I groan into the pillows “Boyfriends are so much work” I mumble.

“I heard that” He hauls me up into his arms, his legs carrying us to the ensuite bathroom. He puts me on my feet “Time to shower baby girl or do you also want me to do that for you?”

“I’m not entirely opposed to that”

Debate lines his features “I could but then I’d get wet” a hint of mockery laces his words.

“That would make two of us” I wink at him, trying to be as seductive as one can be in disney pajamas.

His tongue flicks out to wet his lips, his Adam’s apple bobbing. “As much as I’d love to take you up on that offer, we have places to be today. So go on. I’ll make breakfast”

“Spoilsport” I murmur.

“I heard that too” he shouts as he steps out of the bathroom.

After showering, I put on my comfy leggings and oversized black t-shirt. Darelle has two shoots today; an ad campaign for the new Yun wineries wine and another for a clothing brand. And he more or less invited me to be his plus one hence I need to be as comfortable as ever. It will be my first time seeing him in action. I’m so thrilled.

I join Darelle downstairs for breakfast- which he already has mapped out on the table. “That was fast” I say, taking my seat.

“It was either that or go hungry” he graces his seat.

“So what does our itinerary look like?” I ask, digging into the deliciousness of the crepes.

“We start at the studio and park for the clothes, and later at a restaurant Yun wineries hired for the ad shoot. Jake will be meeting us at the studio.”

“That seems like a lot of work, can I like not go and just sleep” I quip.

His forehead crinkles “Nah uh. It’ll be fun. I promise”

“It better be or I’m walking home”

“Okay my queen. Shall we?” He stands up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why are you both dressed like you’re going to a bedroom” The man in front of us taunts. His blue eyes a contrast of his red head.

“Aden. How nice of you to grace us with your presence. In all your three suit piece wearing glory might I add.” Darelle shakes his hand, whilst Aden tries not to laugh.