CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"So you're telling me you found out Darelle's mom was your mom's high school best friend and he invited you over to meet her?" Kira squeals from beside me

Thirty minutes after I arrived, she let herself into my house. Rude am I right? Now she's on my couch, her legs stretched over my coffee table and drinking my wine- well technically it's hers but I bought it.

"Pretty much." I reply.

"And that he almost kissed you?" Her voice goes even higher.

"That's what I said." I say downing the contents of my glass.

"Oh my God the KEIRELLE ship is finally leaving the harbor."

I arch my brow. "I'm sorry, what?"

She face palms. "Dude, your ship name with Darelle is KEIRELLE."

I almost choke on wine. "Absolutely not."

She flips her jet black hair. "Creative am I right? Not to brag but I've called it all along. Name your kid after me will ya?"

"Kira you seem to forget he is dating." I scold.

"Not for long. The ghosts of my ancestors granted me divine intervention." See, I might wanna start googling asylums near me.

I giggle lightly. "Those are some naughty ancestors."

"I know right." She agrees proudly. "Explains my genes."

"At least I know one of us in this room is going crazy and it ain't me."

"Fuck off." She counters.

"Fuck you!"

"Gladly." She jumps onto my lap and I throw her back to the couch.

She checks her phone before standing up, "Anyway I have to go."

"Get fucked?"

"Bitch No! Go touch some grass." She shoves a throw pillow in my face.

I peel the pillow away from me. "You and your ancestors can go touch some trees." We both burst into laughter.

Her laughter carries on even as she backs away. I love that girl too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, Keilee." Peter greets as I enter the office.

"Peter," I acknowledge, giving him a quick side glance. "Nothing is good about this morning." Especially if the first person I have to talk to on Monday is him.

"You weren't at work this weekend." That and every other weekend before it. Not that he cares. Not even his straight face can hide the fake concern laced in his words.

"Shocker." I reply with every bit of sarcasm.

I settle on my desk and turn to look at him. "If Roach sent you, then go back and tell him today is not the day."