CHAPTER FORTY

“Is this guy seriously crying? He knew there was four rounds left and he chose the fourth should go to his child and now that help has come he’s bawling his eyes out? Unbelievable

“Is this guy seriously crying? He knew there was four rounds left and he chose the fourth should go to his child and now that help has come he’s bawling his eyes out? Unbelievable. He could have just shot himself and the three other people and prayed to the heavens that his child survived.”

After working in my office, where Darelle sat watching me intensely, we decided to watch a movie. Yes, I know our life is pretty boring but we have each other and that’s all that matters. The said horror movie is about a mist that comes with creatures that eat everyone in their way.

“Maybe he just thought it’d be a slow painful death being eaten by the giant creature so he decided to give his child a quick death.”

“Would you do that to your child? I mean this guy will have to live with the guilt of killing his child. That’s just bad parenting pro max”

“Our child? No I wouldn’t do that to them. But then again he was just a bad father from the beginning because where was he taking the child? If they’d remained at the supermarket they’d been saved. Now he has to live with the fact that he killed four people, including his son, only for help to come minutes later”

“He could’ve just waited for the giant creature to eat all of them. Die in solidarity and what not. Horror movies are so dumb sometimes.” Heaven knows there was nothing horrific about it.

The doorbell interrupts our conversation, ergo Darelle’s light massages to my shoulders. “Are you expecting someone?”

“No”

“Okay I’ll go check” he drops my head on the couch, prompting me to sit up.

“You knock nowadays?” I hear Darelle’s shocked tone.

“Hi to you too Darelle. And yes, I do actually. Can’t risk finding y’all in a compromising state” comes Kira’s voice.

She walks to where I’m sitting, the intensity of her scrutiny almost devouring my soul. “Hi K” she plops right next to me “You’re glowing. How big is he?”

“Kira!” I scold.

Darelle, who was walking to us, stops short. “And that’s my cue to leave” he diverts to the library.

“Tell me everything” Kira says, giddily.

“Not a chance in hell.”

She lifts the paper bag she came with “Not even with a little tteok-bokki bribe?” The tantalizing food aroma calls my taste buds “On second thought….”

“That’s what I thought” she spreads the food on the coffee table “I brought extra, just in case your beau wants some.”

“Of course he does, give me a minute.” I take a portion of the food.

“I won’t be surprised if I hear sounds” she wiggles her brows, suggestively.

“Not happening.”