𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

	GABRIELLE CALLAWAY HAD NEVER BEEN SURE OF WHAT SHE WANTED

GABRIELLE CALLAWAY HAD NEVER BEEN SURE OF WHAT SHE WANTED. She just knew what her mother wanted for her, and she decided that that was good enough for now. Her mom had always wanted the best for their family, and ever since Bree's father left, she had tried her hardest to give her daughter everything she wanted.

In turn, the young girl made sure to give back to her mother. She worked at the Wreck, a restaurant owned by the Carreras, and whenever she got her paycheck, she used most of it to buy groceries or pay the bills.

As she walked into the kitchen, she grabbed an apple from the bowl and bit a chunk out of it, causing Allison to look up from her magazine. The younger Callaway turned to her mother at the kitchen table, informing her, "I'm gonna go get the mail. You need me to do anything else while I'm out there?"

"No, I don't think so," the woman answered, going back to the article she was reading. Just when her daughter was about to open the door, she stopped her. "Wait, actually, can you take the trash out?"

Rolling her eyes, she walked into the kitchen and grabbed the trash bag before heading back out. She made her way to the bottom of the driveway, and used her strength to swing the black bag into the green bin.

She was about the reach out and grab the mail when all of a sudden, a large van came speeding down the road. She stepped out of the way just as it whizzed past her before coming to an abrupt stop just a few yards away from her, and when it wasn't in motion any more, she quickly recognized the vehicle.

"Oh, my God, John B. Are you trying to kill us?" A male voice — following a loud thud — came from inside the van, and Bree realized it as the voice of JJ Maybank.

Forgetting about the mail, she rushed to where they stopped. Once she reached them, none other than Kiara Carrera, the daughter of her boss, poked her head out the open window.

"Hey, Kie," the Callaway girl called as she approached the side of the car. She looked to her in concern, peeking past her friend to make sure that the other boys were still alive.  "Are you guys okay?"

The Carrera nodded, waving her off. "Yeah. JJ's just being dramatic."

"I almost died," argued the blonde boy, trying to also stick his head out the window, but they couldn't both fit. So, Kie just put her hand over his face and shoved him back inside.