𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

"GOTTA BE DONE BEFORE MY SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEW IN THE MORNING

"GOTTA BE DONE BEFORE MY SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEW IN THE MORNING." Kie, Pope, and Bree were in Heyward's truck that they had borrowed to drive to the Chateau so that they could work on the plans to get the rest of the gold. They also had a whole contraption to build before the Heyward boy had his scholarship meeting the morning after they planned to get the gold.

Kie nodded. "Okay, well, we gotta focus."

"I know. It's gonna be fine," he assured them as he parked the car and they began to climb out. "We got John B and JJ inside the well, and me and Bree up at top. You and Sarah will be outside transporting. Uh, also, I got a winch. That tin can hold over like...200, 300 pounds."

"Thanks," the Carrera girl told him as he gestured to the supplies in the trunk of the truck. Their voices were drowned out by the Callaway girl as she looked around the property and noticed something hanging from the trees.

She muttered, "What the fuck?" The other two weren't paying attention though because they were too busy making goo-goo eyes at each other to notice that she was not listening to a word they were saying.

Fairy light turned on above them, and they went silent and looked around to see the lights strung up on all of the trees, giving the place a magical look. The sound of running water reached their ears and Kie stepped forward. "Who the hell is that?"

They walked over, pushing through the trees with Bree in front of all of them, and the Callaway girl widened her eyes when she saw JJ sitting there in a lit-up hot tub with a bunch of glasses of champagne floating around in flamingo drink holders. He popped a cork and stared at them over his sunglasses.

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope asked with a concerned expression.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now," was all the Maybank boy said in reply, and the brunette girl could immediately tell that something was wrong. He began pouring glasses for all of them. "Y'all should get in here immediately, you hear me? Salud!"

The Heyward boy was worried about something else. "How much did this cost?"

"Uh...Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery...pretty much all of it, yeah," the blonde boy answered with a chuckle, and his friends' jaws dropped.