𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

THE AXE IN POPE'S HAND HIT THE TREE WITH AN UNEXPECTED FORCE

They were standing in front of the plant that had grown in the backyard of the Chateau because they though that that seemed as good a place as any to have a memorial for the friends they lost. The Heyward boy was chopping away the bark of the tree to form a heart.

After he finished, JJ used a blowtorch to heat up some sort of tool that he used to burn the wood and form letters. He took a step back when he was done, raising his flask in the air and causing the others to do the same with their respective drinks. He sighed. "To John B."

"And to Sarah," Kiara added, glancing over to the Callaway girl that was standing next to her. Bree gave her a grateful smile before bringing the beer bottle in her hand to her lips.

The heart on the tree had John B's name on it along with the years he lived. The one thing that all of their eyes lingered on was the 'P4L' below his name. Pogue for Life. In the Routledge's and the Cameron's cases, it didn't last very long.

The four had made a box that contained things that belonged to the dead. Some of them were things given to them or stuff that made them think of them. They buried the box next to the tree because it was the only thing they could bury since they did not have bodies or anything.

Bree was basically homeless at that point, crashing with whoever would have her. she stayed at the Carreras for a while, but Kie's parents did not seem to happy about having her there although they would never blatantly kick her out. So, she had to leave on her own. She did not want to stay somewhere that she was not wanted.

Pope and his family always enjoyed having her around, but she still could not but feel like she was intruding on their family time. They were amazing people, and she really did not want them to end up hating her.

That eliminated two of her options, and JJ had been staying at his house a lot more recently since they were all still processing the death of their friends. That meant that the brunette girl was usually all alone. After she left the Heywards', she found herself back at the Chateau, and she was so exhausted that she had just decided to crash in one of the hammocks.