𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"NICE CAMERA," JJ COMPLEMENTED SARCASTICALLY

"NICE CAMERA," JJ COMPLEMENTED SARCASTICALLY. "Where'd you dig up that relic? Why don't you just use your phone?"

After finding out that Gavin had the gun that Rafe used to kill Sheriff Peterkin, the four teenagers continued to follow his car because he was going to meet up with Ward for some reason. It was most likely going to be a payoff. Once they were unable to continue to follow him in the car because of the closed road, they had to go on foot and do a bit of trespassing.

That was how they ended up where they were — ducking behind a fence opposite the construction site that Gavin and Ward agreed to meet. Pope was holding some weird crazy camera that looked like it was from the stone ages, so, of course, his friends had to make fun of him for it. Bree nodded in agreement to what JJ said. "Yeah, are we sure that thing is functional?"

"You two, shut up. First of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all, this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away," the Heyward boy explained as he looked through something in the device that showed him the image of what the camera was recording.

Kie shook her head with a sigh. "Lord of the dorks."

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass," he countered, causing the rest of them to send looks to one another. What he said next snapped their attentions away from that, though. "There he is."

"Yo, get down," the Maybank boy ordered when they saw Ward's silhouette running toward the building, holding a duffel bag in his hand as he tried to cover it from the rain. Yes, it was pouring down rain, so all four of them were getting soaked.

"And there's Gavin. Where are you going, you son of a bitch?" Pope asked, his camera trained on the Cameron man as the two ran inside. Once they did that, he realized that they could not see them anymore. "No, no, no, no. I'm losing him. Shit. Where's he going?"

The blonde boy next to Pope looked around before walking away. Bree furrowed her eyebrows at him, and he just said, "Hold on." Then, a couple of seconds later, he whistled and called them over. "Yo! Hey. I found something. Come here." When they got to him, he told them, "Gotta go up top." Then, he ran around the back of the building and began climbing a ladder so that they could get to the top of the building.