𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

BREE GROANED AS SHE WOKE UP AND REALIZED SHE WAS AT THE WRECK

BREE GROANED AS SHE WOKE UP AND REALIZED SHE WAS AT THE WRECK. When she sat up, she looked around and saw Pope staring at Kie who was still sleeping. When he realized that he had been caught, he looked down at the ground before standing up as the Callaway girl did the same.

They walked over to the Maybank boy who was clicking his lighter and looking out at the water. He did not even look at them when they leaned against the railing beside him. "He's pinched for sure, man."

"No," the Heyward boy replied, shaking his head. "They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope," Bree sighed.

"You know, we were in that car," Kie pointed out, and they all looked over to her to see that she was awake. It would be a little creepy if she was talking and she was asleep. "They're probably looking for us to."

They all let that sink in for a minute, and Pope was the one to break the silence, suggesting that they take action. "Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B."

"So, find him before they do? Pope?" JJ questioned as Pope went to grab his keys from off the table and began walking to the door without another word. 

Bree furrowed her eyebrows. "Pope?"

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat," he informed them, and the brunette girl could tell that he was not in a good mood and that he was still giving Kie the cold shoulder.

Speaking of the Carrera girl, she stopped him for a second. "Hey, you be careful. Okay?"

He just stared at her for a second, and it seemed like they were having some unspoken conversation, causing the other two in the room to glance at each other. Pope told them, breaking his stare, "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Then, he walked out of the restaurant, and Bree and Kie shared a look before the Carrera girl followed after him.

"Okay, what is your problem?" they heard he ask him before the door swung close again.

"Okay," JJ muttered as he looked over the brunette girl that was standing on the other side of him. "So, you wanna tell me what all that was about? I know you know."